We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which village to stay in Jersey?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Which village to stay in Jersey?

We are planning to go to Jersey for an extended weekend (3 days) and I am not able to decide which of the several villages (St Helier etc.) should I choose to stay in. They all look equally good to me by reviews!

My second question is if there is easy transport available between the different villages, should we decide to stay in two different villages.

Last, what is the best way to commute to and from the airport. (We are flying out from London)

Mentioned in this post
Jersey
Jersey
Channel Islands, UK
St. Helier
St. Helier
Jersey, UK
London
London
England, UK
Southampton
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which village to stay in Jersey?

St Helier is NOT a small village. It is quite a substantial town (the population of Jersey being large for the size of the island. 90,000-ish I think) and much larger than anywhere else on Jersey.

Having said that, St Helier is the most convenient place to stay if you will be dependent on bus transport. All bus routes seem to go through there. If you stay somewhere else, you might have to get the bus to St Helier and change every day.

There is a bus from the airport to St Helier. You could choose to take a taxi instead. Jersey is small so no journey takes that long.

Mentioned in this post
St. Helier
St. Helier
Jersey, UK
Jersey
Jersey
Channel Islands, UK
Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which village to stay in Jersey?

If you're looking for a village I would suggest St Aubins or Gorey. The former is about half way between the town of St Helier and the airport, the latter is right out to the East of the Island, opposite end to the Airport.

For 3 days there's really no sense in staying in 2 different places. As Akkarin has suggested, St Helier is a busy town and probably the best base to see as much as possible during a short stay, but if you want something a bit more scenic and relaxed St Aubins is the next most accessible.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Gorey
Gorey
Jersey, UK
St. Helier
St. Helier
Jersey, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which village to stay in Jersey?

Thank you both for your inputs - it has helped us make up our mind that we would probably stay in St Helier's only so as to be able to make use of the bus connections as we're going to be there for only 2 nights, and would like to be centrally located. I have understood that I shouldn't expect a village feel from St helier's though :) Thanks guys.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which village to stay in Jersey?

I would also suggest St.Aubins, buses accessible. If you are looking for a recommendation for somewhere to stay, we always stay at La Haule Manor. They will also pick you up and drop you off at the airport. Lots of nice restaurants, harbour and opposite beach although there are lots of lovely and different types of beaches - if beaches are your thing.

Mentioned in this post
La Haule Manor
La Haule Manor
819 Reviews
Jersey, UK
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which village to stay in Jersey?

I would also suggest St.Aubins, buses accessible. If you are looking for a recommendation for somewhere to stay, we always stay at La Haule Manor. They will also pick you up and drop you off at the airport. Lots of nice restaurants, harbour and opposite beach although there are lots of lovely and different types of beaches - if beaches are your thing.

Mentioned in this post
La Haule Manor
La Haule Manor
819 Reviews
Jersey, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which village to stay in Jersey?

Ah I see. So as suggested earlier as well it could be the best of both worlds - connectivity and natural beauty. Thanks for suggesting the hotel, we will check for availability. We did find hotels in St Helier quite expensive as we are going in peak season in August. Will post back what we finally decided!

Mentioned in this post
St. Helier
St. Helier
Jersey, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which village to stay in Jersey?

Finally booked Hotel De France in St Helier. We struggled to find decent hotels for the days we wanted. Hope it all goes well! Will post how it went! Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel de France
Hotel de France
2,165 Reviews
Jersey, UK
St. Helier
St. Helier
Jersey, UK
Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which village to stay in Jersey?

Hotel De France is a great choice, have a wonderful stay!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel de France
Hotel de France
2,165 Reviews
Jersey, UK
9. Re: Which village to stay in Jersey?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Jersey