We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

London
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hello

Visiting Jersey for the first time next month so looking for some feedback of where to stay please?

Will be flying in and plan to visit the Durrell Wildlife Park and go Horse Racing at Les Landes during our 3 day stay so looking for somewhere quite central or accessible to those places? Won't have a car and ideally would like to be on the coast near a nice beach.

Thanks....Nick

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St. Helier
Level Contributor
996 posts
657 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

If you want to travel without a car, your best bet is to base yourself in St Helier where you have the bus links to various parts of the Island. I would recommend looking at the Radisson Blu which is on the Waterfront. you don't have a beach as such but if you get a sea facing room there are nice views and they have a terrace for drinks overlooking the marina. There are a few bars nearby and it is only a short walk to the bus station.

London
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks Bob

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

The Radisson is only a couple of minutes walk from the beach, by the way :)

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

Yup, The Radisson sounds like your best bet if you don't have a car. St Helier doesn't boast the best beaches in Jersey, but then our standards run fairly high!

united kingdom
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

We have just got back from A week in Jersey. We were really pleased that we did not stay in St Helier it is a busy town with very little to commend it.The beaches looked disintntcly unattractive. We stayed at the Old Court House Hotel in Gorey a bus stops about twenty metres from the front door and it takes about fifteen minutes to get to Durrell.

The Hotel is about 50 metres from a beach and there is a very pleasant walk along the promenade to the Castle at Gorey Pier

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St. Helier
Level Contributor
996 posts
657 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

Gorey is very pleasant as is the Old Court House Hotel. The problem is that Gorey is on a bit of a limb for transport, even though it is better than some parts of the Island, and whereas you can get to Durrell on the Number 23, to get to Les Landes for the racing, or to get to most destinations, you will need to get, for example, the Number 1 bus into St. Helier, about 25 minutes, and then get another bus out if the times co-incide.

St Helier is he main hub, however if you want to be outside of St. Helier and want more frequency of buses try looking at St. Aubin.

You could always consider hiring a car for a few days, recommended, and there is free parking at the Old Court House. You also have some decent restaurants in the Bass and Lobster, Feast and Sumas, to name but three.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay?

Hello Nick

Have a look at La Haule Manor at St Aubins. There is a bus stop just at the bottom of the road, few seconds walk. I'm sure you'll find a bus that goes to the zoo from there, but I would contact them directly, they are great and actually took us to the Jersey Underground Tunnels when we needed to get there. Have a look at the reviews - they mention the managers name (gone out the top of my head) but he is really helpful. Buses also travel to St Helier from here and you are also close to some much better beaches. A number of great restaurants just a few minutes walk away also - I highly recommend it

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay?

La Haule is lovely, but comes with a similar problem as Gorey - in that if you're relying on buses, getting Les Landes will be no problem, but there's no direct bus to Durrell and you'll need to go into St Helier and change - it'll take you over an hour to get there (which is a long journey over here!!). I wouldn't recommend staying in St Helier for a week, or if you have a car, but as you've only got 3 days and want to go to places at different ends of the island by bus, St Helier still seems the sensible option.

Leicester
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay?

Hello Nick.. I had the same idea to go racing while I am there in August but I suggest you check their website as there is only 2 race meetings in July (14th & 28th) which is the same for August.

10. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Jersey