We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaside Cafes and Tea Rooms in Jersey

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Topic
Seaside Cafes and Tea Rooms in Jersey

Anyone have any recommendations for seaside cafes and tea rooms?

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaside Cafes and Tea Rooms in Jersey

Almost too many to mention! Plemont, Wayside, Colleen's Cafe - every beach area has a selection of great beachside cafes serving very good quality home-made food. Enjoy!

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaside Cafes and Tea Rooms in Jersey

My favourites are the Hungry Man at Rozel, the cafe at Plemont, Wayside at St Brelades (although they could do with refreshing their menu, I've eaten everything on it now!) and the Gunsite at Beaumont.

For tea without a seaview try Poplars Tearooms on the way to Corbiere and the little cafe at Ransoms Garden Centre.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaside Cafes and Tea Rooms in Jersey

Agree with Hungry Man, Plemont and Wayside, but Cafe Flirefly at Durrell Wildlife Park do an amazing range of cakes homemade every day - i especially like the Jersey Black butter Cheescake.... you can access the cafe firelfy without having to pay to enter the park and it has a great terrace. Worth a try!

Mentioned in this post
The Hungry Man
The Hungry Man
516 Reviews
Jersey, UK
Jersey
Jersey
Channel Islands, UK
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaside Cafes and Tea Rooms in Jersey

Ransoms garden centre does wonderful cake and tea. Really nice place to visit for a change, paradise cake is amazing www.ransomsgardencentre.co.uk/

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaside Cafes and Tea Rooms in Jersey

Colleen's cafe at Greve de l'ecq if very friendly and has a good selection of cakes. You can sit inside or outside.

The new cafe at Durrell (The Zoo) has a very good selection of cakes, salads, including breakfast. You can sit on the new terrace overlooking the park. The bears were a nice view yesterday, they were relaxing in the sun!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaside Cafes and Tea Rooms in Jersey

Thanks so much everyone, really like the sound of all of them, especially the zoo terrace with views, will definitely be fitting in as many as we can in our 3 days on the island! :D

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seaside Cafes and Tea Rooms in Jersey

I also thought the cakes at Durrell were very good. If you sit outside, beware of the seagulls!

We actually had a really nice relaxing break with tea and cakes at Jersey Pearl, where we really only stopped to change buses (and we saw green lizards. Not something you see every day in the UK).

Mentioned in this post
Jersey Pearl
Jersey Pearl
460 Reviews
Jersey, UK
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Seaside Cafes and Tea Rooms in Jersey

Oh, sounds familiar, lol, I remember the seagulls at Greve de Lecq a few years ago, one actually dived and got my husband's sandwich out of his hand, lol! I will be on my guard, thanks for the heads up! :D

Mentioned in this post
Greve de Lecq
Greve de Lecq
285 Reviews
Jersey, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seaside Cafes and Tea Rooms in Jersey

Poplars is the best I've been to

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St. Helier
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seaside Cafes and Tea Rooms in Jersey

A new cafe has just opened on the end of Gorey Pier. Mainly outside seating with lovely views but a small inside seating area as well. Seemingly they do asian food on a Friday and Saturday evening with bring your own wine.

Get answers to your questions about Jersey