We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse Riding

Solihull, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Horse Riding

Hi, looking to visit Jersey for a weekend and we are looking for any information on any stables on the island that do hacks for around an hour, websites particularly useful.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse Riding

Go to jersey.com . Click onto 'Actvities' follow the link from there to 'Land' and then 'Other Sports' where you will find details of horse riding .

Solihull, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse Riding

Thanks for that, have managed to contact 2 of the stables who do say they do limited hacks. However, one did mention of another stables in the St Martins area called Le Hoie ?? Not quite sure of the spelling, but couldn't find anything on the web.

Jersey
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse Riding

Hi there

I am a local rider & I have had the pleasure of all the riding schools on the island at one time or another.

The best place to ride is a stables called Haie Fleurie, they are based in St Martin & have access to beaches, woods and some great cliff path tracks. The horses are in good condition & the owners are very friendly. Tel: 01534 857748

Bon Air stables in St Lawrence is another alternative (T:865196) although it has been said they cater more for children. Also Greencliff Stables in St Martins, sorry couldnt find a number for them!

Would reccommend you stay clear from Le Claire Stables in St John :O(

Hope this helps!

Jersey
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse Riding

I do apologise ... I missed out the dialling code on the second number (!) You should put 01534 before it.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse Riding

Next to Haie Fleurie is Greencliff where one of my daughters has recently had a week of riding lessons. Excellent tuition and slightly larger horses apparently!

Solihull, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse Riding

Thank you for your responses, look forward to riding there shortly

7. Re: Horse Riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, October 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jersey
Recent Conversations