We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-hour stay in Guernsey

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
741 reviews
Save Topic
4-hour stay in Guernsey

I always wanted to visit Guernsey and found a grupon voucher for a day trip. Without checking further I purchased and later realised that we can stay there literally for 4 hours only. I've checked http://www.visitguernsey.com for this trip but it is more for a longer stay.

We leave Poole at 8am and arrive there at 11am. The return boat is leaving at 3:10pm so that leaves us less than 4 hours when counting the boarding procedures.

Originally I wanted to go around the island by bus but this might be too ambitious if we want to have a proper lunch. So the best bet would be staying in St Peter Port.

I appreciate if someone can give me tips what to do and see during this short visit from his/her own experiences.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 4-hour stay in Guernsey

you can catch the bus in front of the Tourist Office as well ... it would be the one heading south, so on the sea side of the road ...

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
741 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 4-hour stay in Guernsey

Thanks Meyem. Seems like 11am depart bus is not possible then.

Wilts
Level Contributor
3 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 4-hour stay in Guernsey

We have just come back from Guernsey using the condor express. Please remember the ferry doesn't always depart on time and sometimes the crossing is longer than 3 hours so your timescales seem rather tight.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 4-hour stay in Guernsey

With regards to Sunday opening whilst shops tend to close on Sundays most of the eateries will be open so there will be a choice of places for you to eat in and around St Peter Port and further afield.

http://www.guernseylovesfood.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
741 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 4-hour stay in Guernsey

Thanks for the update. If the ferry arrives later than schedule, we might opt staying in St. Peter Port then. Glad to know that there are eateries open on Sundays. Hopefully we have a nice weather this Sunday and can optimise our time there!

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 4-hour stay in Guernsey

Hi there,

I was given a voucher for a trip to Gurnsey and like you couldn't believe we will only have 4 hours!

But we arrive at 3pm and leave at 7pm!

Can you tell me what did you do? I too am wondering what to do in the short time available :-/

Regards Jenny

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: 4-hour stay in Guernsey

I would NOT go for the bus that goes all the way around the island ...... that's a long haul to say the least and it can be a bumpy/crowded ride ..... I still go with my former suggestion ^_^

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
741 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: 4-hour stay in Guernsey

SmileyJen88,

We ended up not going there at all. It's not because of the short duration there but the ferry refused to take us although we got there according to their guidance. I fought with Groupon for sometime and got full refund at the end.

If I go, I would try longer. Yes, 4 hours would be too short...

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: 4-hour stay in Guernsey

Thanks for getting back to me :-) fingers crossed we do something worth while once there :-)

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: 4-hour stay in Guernsey

Thanks for your reply :-) I have looked at your suggestion and I think we may go with your advise.

Regards Jenny x

Get answers to your questions about Guernsey