We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in September

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
8 reviews
Weather in September

I'm looking at visiting Guernsey at the beginning of September with my girlfriend and 6 month old son. What is the weather usually like at that time of year? Also where is the best beach on the island?

4 replies to this topic
Southampton
Level Contributor
4,561 posts
188 reviews
1. Re: Weather in September

Hi,

We visited in September last year and it was a mixed bag. A couple of rainy days but a couple of nice days where temperatures nudged 20 degrees Celsius.

As regards beaches, Petit Bot Bay on the south coast is a beautiful little cove.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,323 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Weather in September

September is often a pretty good month and the water gets better as the season progresses (it's a Warm Gulf Stream, but don't be fooled, the water is COLD! ;)

Petit Bot Bay is indeed a save option, but basically, make your choice depending on the ruling winds (I also love Fermain Bay):

https:/…

and certainly don't forget to visit Herm, I've yet to meet a 6-yo who doesn't like Herm

EDIT: LOL 6 months ... in that case, just enjoy yourselves ^_^ (Herm is paradise!)

Edited: 10:20 am, June 26, 2018
Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,863 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Weather in September

Herm is definitely worth a visit.

As a kid, we always went to Port Soif, ideal for little kids.

Cobo and Vazon are nice sandy beaches and have a mix of restaurants. Pembroke if the wind is coming in from the west/southwest.

South coast bays are nice but you tend to lose the sun earlier. West / north coast more accessible by bus.

Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
2,195 reviews
4. Re: Weather in September

The heat wont be so much, hopefully still warm. All in all it should be comfortable. Have a look at link, this is a nice area.

https:/…cobo-bay

Reply to: Weather in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guernsey