We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Electron

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Espoo, Finland
2 posts
Save Topic
Visa Electron

Hello,

I am going to Cambridge for three weeks and I am wondering how much money I should take with me. I have never been to England before so I'd like to know if they accept Visa Electron there in general.

Thank you in advance!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Electron

Visa Electron is very widely accepted. Most stores, restaurants and hotels will accept it. You'll evenbe able to pay for drinks in many pubs with it. You will need cash for taxis and small purchases as many retailers will not accept any card if the cost is less than £5.

If you have 4-digit PIN you will be able to get cash out of all ATMs using the card too.

Hope you have a good trip.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,477 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Electron

Visa Electron is fairly widely accepted in shops, and very widely accepted at cash machines (and Post Offices for cash) but a little less popular for mail-order and internet shopping. It's a card which tends to be issued in the UK more on basic bank accounts aimed at young people or those with low income or credit history problems as it has greater security features (for the banks) than ordinary cards.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Electron

True Bobelinks

But for pönttö - it WILL be accepted by all retailers who accept ANY Visa and who can swipe the card and read it electronically. If any refuse it they will be in breach of their merchant agreement with Visa. Internet retailers obviously can't swipe the card so that's why they won't accept it.

Espoo, Finland
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Electron

Fantastic. Thank you so much!

5. Re: Visa Electron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, August 15, 2009