We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambridge retail park Newmarket Road

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Cambridge retail park Newmarket Road

Anyone know if the new 3 hour parking limits are active? No visible ANPR system. Took most cars nearly 20 mins to exit added to entry time looking for spaces with shopping time total 3 hours plus.

Cheers and HNY to all.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Cambridge retail park Newmarket Road

Oops, somehow managed to post twice. Sorry!

Cambridge, United...
1 post
Save Reply
32. Re: Cambridge retail park Newmarket Road

"we have received a claim from PARKINGEYE in Northampton County Court"

World o - Any update on this?

Cantab girl
Level Contributor
8 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Cambridge retail park Newmarket Road

We have just received a similar notice telling us we parked for 5 hours at the retail centre last week. We are not football fans and are unlikely to have been shopping anywhere for that length of time. On looking at our calendar we find that my husband was up at the medical centre at Waterbeach that afternoon.

In addition, we had nothing left on our car and the photo they sent shows the car proceeding peacefully along an ordinary road, no time attached!

Sounds to me like an easy way of collecting money.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Cambridge retail park Newmarket Road

Its getting all rather humorless...

Bedford, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Cambridge retail park Newmarket Road

I have just received a fine of £85 for parking on Sunday afternoon in Beehive Centre car park for exceeding my time by 30 min. I went to ASDA and then I waited in my car on the road. My car was wasn't actually snapped in a bay and no ticket was put on my car screen. Are all the roads in this car park privately owned and therefore you have to pay a fine if you exceed 3 hours?

Bedford, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Cambridge retail park Newmarket Road

Hi,

What has happened re your unpaid fine at Northampton County Court? Could you pl let me know as I was issued a fine last week. Thanks

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,299 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Cambridge retail park Newmarket Road

Hi eva,

World o who was "taken to court at Northampton" has not visited TripAdvisor since he made the comment. He is therefore unlikely to see your question. If you click on his name in blue you will get to "his page". At the bottom left is an envelope click on it and you can send him a message. This goes to his normal email address so he should get it. He can reply but not see your email address so it is very safe.

Hope this helps

Bob

Bedford, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: Cambridge retail park Newmarket Road

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your advice. I have managed to send an e-mail and hope I'll will get an answer. Obviously I am worried about it and any kind of information will help.

Eva

Cambridge, United...
1 post
Save Reply
39. Re: Cambridge retail park Newmarket Road

My partner was shopping at the Beehive doing her Christmas shopping with her two boys and can't remember if she went over the three hour period, and didn't know about the time limit.

She didn't receive a ticket or any notice of a parking offence in the post, just a court fine for £150 from Nothampton court!!!

Is there any way I can appeal as we would've paid the original fine had we known about it?

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Cambridge retail park Newmarket Road

Yes the parking limits are active, and beware as they are not enforced with genuine data.

Last week I used the car park on two occasions making a purchase both times in Homebase, yesterday I received a PCN requesting £85.00 dropping to £45.00 if paid within 14 days for an alleged five hour stay, I have challenged this PCN as I have documented proof that my vehicle was not on the site for the whole of the five hours as they stated, surprisingly they only issued me with two pieces of photographic evidence and not the four images that their ANPR system should have recorded!!! BEWARE