We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London heathrow to Cambridge by train

Ibadan Nigeria
1 post
Save Topic
London heathrow to Cambridge by train

I will be arriving heathrow 8pm to head out to Cambridge . How do I go by train please.

Cambs
Level Contributor
628 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London heathrow to Cambridge by train

Piccdilly line (the underground line that runs from Heathrow) to Kings Cross Station, This journey takes around one hour. Then train from Kings Cross to Cambridge. Train time for this stretch is 45-60 minutes.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,230 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London heathrow to Cambridge by train

You could also take a direct National Express coach from any terminal at Heathrow

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London heathrow to Cambridge by train

I'd suggest the coach, the reason simply is by the time you get to Cambridge, you'll then want another bus presumingly into the centre of town when the coach would drop you off on Parkside a far better deal in my opinion and knowing bus frequencies reduce after 6pm it might be a little more difficult to get a bus than usual.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London heathrow to Cambridge by train

What if Ohioma is staying a long way from Parkside ? Never a shortage of taxis at the station jd.

Get the train....alot easier

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,277 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London heathrow to Cambridge by train

Enjoy the comfort of a snooze after your long haul flight, and take the bus from Heathrow to Cambridge, why hassle with the tube and luggage.

www.nationalexpress.com

Edited: 4:05 am, July 31, 2012
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London heathrow to Cambridge by train

The thing is there are more ciit buses from Emmanuel Street a short walk away but it's a lot less complicated to use the coach to there as the tube stops at a lot of stations, where the coach goes faster and I just feel long term it's easier.

7. Re: London heathrow to Cambridge by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 02, 2013