We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden wedding celebration

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Golden wedding celebration

I am looking for a smallish hotel which could accommodate a group of about 10 adults getting together to celebrate my parent's golden wedding. family members are travelling from Suffolk, Lincolnshire and St Albans so I have picked the Cambridge area as it is fairly central for us all. I would like somewhere cosy and homely but a bit special that could give us a nice meal and comfortable overnight stay. We are aged from 15 to 73 so somehwere with a few facilities or interests to suit us as a group would be nice. A tall order I know, but any suggestions anyone?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Suffolk
Suffolk
East Anglia, UK
Lincolnshire
Lincolnshire
England, UK
St. Albans
St. Albans
Hertfordshire, UK
The Cambridge
The Cambridge
467 Reviews
London, UK
The Varsity Hotel & Spa
The Varsity Hotel & Spa
#1 of 37 hotels in Cambridge
The Gonville Hotel
The Gonville Hotel
#2 of 37 hotels in Cambridge
Regent Hotel
Regent Hotel
#3 of 37 hotels in Cambridge
Kent
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden wedding celebration

My wife and I have just spent a wedding anniversary at The Golden Ball Hotel Boxworth which is a few miles from Cambridge. They have a website which gives a good idea of rooms and restaurant menu. The rooms are quiet, most overlook fields. the food is excellent and there breakfasts are real value for money. This is a no smoking bar, restaurant and hotel.

We loved our second stay there and the staff are friendly, I think you might be interested .

Mentioned in this post
Cambridge
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire, UK
London
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden wedding celebration

Could try the Royal Cambridge , has small private rooms and a nice location in cambridge

Mentioned in this post
Royal Cambridge Hotel
Royal Cambridge Hotel
676 Reviews
Cambridge, UK
bishops stortford
Level Contributor
233 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden wedding celebration

Suggest you try the Belfry Hotel at Cambourne,about 8 miles west of Cambridge.Big discounts on lastminute.com.I have booked for a wedding reception nearby for March.

Mentioned in this post
Cambridge
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire, UK
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden wedding celebration

Hi Yarnos,

I have to warn you, i suffered from serious food poisoning when i had dinner at the Royal Cambridge - DO AVOID!!!

A lovely hotel is the Cambridge Garden House Hotel, v central (perfect for strolling round the town - stones throw from Kings College and other colleges) and on the river. Lovely gardens, rolling down to the river. Nice place to eat. It's not all that small, but has about 200 rooms.

Also has a gym and swimming pool for those that fancy it!

I would say it's the best place to stay in Cambridge.

Enjoy!

Kirsty

Mentioned in this post
Royal Cambridge Hotel
Royal Cambridge Hotel
676 Reviews
Cambridge, UK
The Cambridge
The Cambridge
467 Reviews
London, UK
King's College