We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycles

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
US
4 posts
Save Topic
Bicycles

Hello again, does anyone have a suggestion as to where I could find a bicycle to buy upon arrival? Newspapers with classifieds sections, websites or the like. I will be in town for a month and don't want to rent for that long, I'm just looking for a cheap beater that gets me from pub to pub (oh yeah, to university as well) :)

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bicycles

There are LOADS of places to buy second hand bikes in Cambridge. I don't actually own a bike (shocking, I know!), but I've heard good things about 'The Bikeman', who has a stall on Cambridge market (Market Square, town centre) Monday to Thursday, and a website - www.thebikeman.co.uk. But other cycle shops in Cambridge do second hand ones too. And I guess you could try the classifieds in the Cambridge Evening News, but I'm not sure how much luck you'd have!

US
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bicycles

Great site Vicki, many thanks for your help.

Cambridge England
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bicycles

Jason at Townsend's Cycle Shop sells second hand bikes that he has serviced for about £50.

Here is the website

www.lightblue.co.uk/lightblue/contact.php

He might buy it back from you as well.