We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any chance of getting a seat on the train to London?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Any chance of getting a seat on the train to London?

Hi

I am just buying a house in Wycombe and will be commuting into London each day.

I have researched the routes, price and frequency of the trains however I would love to know if the trains are so packed you have to stand all the way to London? I know its only a short distance but I just wondered as the people who get on trains to Paddington from Reading never get a seat...

5 replies to this topic
Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any chance of getting a seat on the train to London?

It is a lot less crowded than the Paddington line. In fact it is one of the best lines to commute on. That said, there are no guarantees.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
41,917 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any chance of getting a seat on the train to London?

I use the connection on Saturdays and it does get busy, sometimes there are no seats at all until Marylebone...don't use it weekdays so don't know.

T H
Aston Clinton...
Level Contributor
34 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any chance of getting a seat on the train to London?

I've never failed.

That said it depends where it's come from, Birmingham / Bicester is ok but Aylesbury / Risborough is better. And of course commution time chosen.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any chance of getting a seat on the train to London?

cheers for all the quick replies. Seems very promising! If there are any other regular travellers please let me know your travel experiences into Marylebone.

London
Level Contributor
672 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any chance of getting a seat on the train to London?

There are some trains that start from HW where you will be guaranteed a seat but those are slower stopping services

Reply to: Any chance of getting a seat on the train to London?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted