We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Wycombe area Inn/Small Hotel Wanted

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
332 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
High Wycombe area Inn/Small Hotel Wanted

can anyone recommend a decent Pub/inn/small Hotel for one night in October.The only ones are find are either very expensive or bad reviews.It can be within 5/6 miles of High Wycombe.Something preety/quiiant hopefully.

many thanks

Mentioned in this post
High Wycombe
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire, UK
4 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
41,858 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High Wycombe area Inn/Small Hotel Wanted

http://www.foxcountryinn.co.uk/

This small place is just off junction 5 of M40 (Ibstone).....never stayed there, we live just down the road:), but the bar and service is excellent, the food so so, normal pub stuff, quiet area...

The reviews are not up to much either, but have a look anyway. (as long as you are driving)

Edited: 9:28 am, October 16, 2012
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
41,858 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Wycombe area Inn/Small Hotel Wanted

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186223-d2694…

South West England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High Wycombe area Inn/Small Hotel Wanted

I can really recommend 'The Hintons' at ibstone, website: www.thehintons.co.uk. It is really peaceful and comfortable. Lovely views and walks. Also only short 2-3 min drive from M42 junction 5 (cant hear traffic!). The host is lovely and friendly but respects guests privacy and the rooms (bedroom, sitting room and bathroom) are in a private part of house just for you. The house is a really pretty 17th century farmhouse and the owners have restored it beautifully and tastefully - all in all I would say its very good value for money. Perfect for an autumn break and lots of places to eat/visit only a short drive away. This is my first post - hope its useful!

South West England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Wycombe area Inn/Small Hotel Wanted

Whoops, I meant M40 !

Reply to: High Wycombe area Inn/Small Hotel Wanted
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted