We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in High Wycombe

Oxfordshire
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in High Wycombe

I was wondering what the town centre of High Wycombe offers e.g. shopping, parking, getting in and out, places to eat etc.

I have recently moved to Oxfordshire and thought it might be good to get an insider view before venturing out there!

Any help is much appreciated

Jo

Mentioned in this post
High Wycombe
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire, UK
Oxfordshire
Oxfordshire
England, UK
Essex
Level Contributor
31,332 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in High Wycombe

It seems that HW has redeveolped it's town centre to create a new 'Centre' called Eden, here is the website:

www.edenshopping.co.uk/guide.php…

Alternatively, you might like the shopping in MK which is quite extensive:

http://www.thecentremk.com/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in High Wycombe

It's pretty rubbish to be honest....especially given the sie of the place. HW town centre is quite rundown, despite the new centre (which isn't large). My outlaws live in Marlow and I went shopping in HW six weeks ago and was very unimpressed. Having a very large John Lewis (not clothing) on the edge of town doesn't help the town centre. Parking is OK, but traffic can be heavy

Depending on where you are in Oxon, Oxford itself or Reading are much better bets. MK a bit further afield or if your'e further north in the county

Mentioned in this post
Marlow
Marlow
Buckinghamshire, UK
John Lewis
John Lewis
584 Reviews
London, UK
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in High Wycombe

Aylesbury has a pretty decent shopping centre, and OK for parking. For nice kind of shopping Marlow is great!

Mentioned in this post
Aylesbury
Aylesbury
Aylesbury Vale, UK
Marlow
Marlow
Buckinghamshire, UK
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping in High Wycombe

I live near Reading, used to work in HW. The only time i go to HW nowadays is to visit the John Lewis there.

Oxfordshire covers a very wide area so I dont know how convenient Redaing is, but its far preferable to HW for shopping. Visit by train if coming between now and Xmas over the weekend, the traffic is starting to ramp up in the town centre.

If you do drive, then Marlow is a nice place to stop and look around, as is Henley.

Mentioned in this post
John Lewis
John Lewis
584 Reviews
London, UK
Oxfordshire
Oxfordshire
England, UK
Marlow
Marlow
Buckinghamshire, UK
Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping in High Wycombe

It depends on what sort of shopping you're after. The Eden Centre contains pretty much what there is, together with the John Lewis on the outskirts of town. It's fine for some things, but not worth much of a journey. There is plenty of parking and quite few restaurants in the Eden Centre - not much outside.

Nearby Marlow and Henley are good for boutique type shops and Reading does have an enormous shopping centre, but it can take several lifetimes to get in and out of Reading by car. Oxford is the best shopping and eating destination around here - I'd go there first, especially seeing as you live in Oxfordshire!

Mentioned in this post
John Lewis
John Lewis
584 Reviews
London, UK
Marlow
Marlow
Buckinghamshire, UK
Reading
Reading
Berkshire, UK
Oxford
Oxford
Oxfordshire, UK
Oxfordshire
Oxfordshire
England, UK
6. Re: Shopping in High Wycombe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, April 20, 2010