We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to airport

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to airport

Are there any local buses that go to or near the airport. I just cant justify £11 Return for a 8 mile trip. Think it disgusting they charge that much. Can travel all around greater London for cheaper.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,909 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to airport

There are, but they are not nearly as frequent as the Airport Flyer - see www.buzzbus.co.uk/downloads/timetable.pdf .

They will also only sell single and day return tickets, so assuming that you are not coming back the same day, the total cost will ptobably be about the same as the Flyer .

Phil-the-Bus

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to airport

Thanks, unfortunately its not running when we need it to so looks like its the flyer. Thanks for your help though.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,324 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to airport

>>> I just cant justify £11 Return for a 8 mile trip <<<

I can. The buses are new, have extra luggage space, are dedicated to the route and take straight to the Airport Terminal without fuss. And they operate a 'turn-up-and-go' service you you know there will always be room on the next one. £5.50 each way sounds like a perfectly good price to me.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to airport

I'm fairly certain that there buses that run on a regular basis to the airport and do not charge that much. Perhaps take a look at the Bristol bus route? I know there are buses from Ashton area to the airport.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,909 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to airport

The only other service is the Airlink bus from Bath that also picks up in Brislington and Bishopworth areas of South Bristol - see bathbuscompany.com/airport-service/service-i… .

Phil-the-Bus

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to airport

Thanks anika, I'll have a look if not then we will go wih the airport one.

It probably is good value but I'm just used to the £3 return train from coventry to birmingham airport, and the bus is only 4 return. In loughborough to get the sky link to east midlands airport its only £5.80 return so you can see why I think.its a bit excessive. I know I should have done my research first but we got a great deal from bristol. Its not that I'm.being cheap I just think its a rip off. Just my opinion.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus to airport

Thanks phil, I did.look at that but unfortuantly had already booked national express to bristol, as were traveling quite late think were just going to go with the easiest option now.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
707 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus to airport

I agree, may seem expensive when comparing to other routes. However it is worth checking other options first, just in case other choices available. For example, Heathrow Connect is a great alternative in price to Heathrow Express. In this case, Bristol Airport bus is best option & price not bad for a very efficient service.

9. Re: Bus to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:11 pm, March 14, 2015
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,465 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus to airport

I used it last week and though the service is excellent, compared to the £6 return (or free with my monthly travel pass) in Edinburgh it is expensive