We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen Night in Bristol

Which Bristol hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Haywards Heath
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hen Night in Bristol

Help! Anyone know of any good places to eat, drink and be merry? We're a group of thirty somethings celebrating my friends last night of freedom - we don't want to feel too old and just want a laugh and a great night out.

Also anyone know of a good champagne cream tea in the area?

Many Thanks

Bristol
Level Contributor
241 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hen Night in Bristol

The grand hotel have afternoon tea and access to a spa for £20

thistle.com/en/…index.html

Edited: 7:17 am, May 30, 2013
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
190 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hen Night in Bristol

Harvey Nichols do a Champagne Afternoon Tea.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
173 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hen Night in Bristol

And Browns.....

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hen Night in Bristol

Try this place for Champagne cream tea's, it's 5mins from the city centre by taxi and amongst other bars and cafe's, they have seating outside and is quite popular.

http://www.lovelytart.com/menu.php

As for the night out, I would recommend http://www.revolution-bars.co.uk/bristol as a starting point, they do Friday evening offers if you sign up to their club (membership is about £4 but you get LOADS of vouchers and a special card that get's you discounts and freebies). They'll also offer you deals on hen part packages if you email them, again they normally throw in free shots etc.

There are loads of bars and clubs all around this area (Corn Street) and it's not far from the water front where there are lots more bars and restaurants, a little further on from there is Park Street which is a steep hill but does contain even more bars and a few clubs!

http://www.oceanaclubs.com/bristol is the super club on the water front, it's not everyone's cup of tea, there are theme rooms including a disco room with a light up dance floor which plays 70's, 80's, 90's and so on.

Enjoy.

Bristol, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hen Night in Bristol

Caffe Clifton do a hen party package where they offer afternoon tea and a trip to the lido which sounds pretty good and include champagne, scones and cupcakes if you want those too!

In the evening I'd recommend heading down to the bars around the harbor, there is such a lovely atmosphere down there especially in the summer months

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hen Night in Bristol

harvey nics definately, i was there yesterday and it was as impecable as ever, but phone them before hand to book being in the bar otherwise it may cause problems. If its nice weather than yeah browns is awesome as you can sit outside as the drinks etc are awesome. Could check with somewhere like Hotel Du Vin which is lovely to see what they have on for your visit as their bar and restaurant is lovely. All of those places are quite formal though, for a more relaxed venue and great if rain or shine is Pitcher and Piano on the waterfront, then your close to everything for the evening and hotels etc, and you will be well looked after there, but make sure with all venues you book your party going in. Hope that helps.

7. Re: Hen Night in Bristol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:27 pm, January 22, 2015
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hen Night in Bristol

Browns do afternoon tea, with or without champagne, and reasonably priced too just off the triangle. Not afternoon tea, but I went to The Square Club for a friend's 30th last week, we had a gorgeous meal in the restaurant and then did a cocktail masterclass downstairs at the bar (usually members only), which was a lot of fun and the barman was awesome! http://www.thesquareclub.com/

Gloucester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Hen Night in Bristol

Hi there is Brown's as previously suggested, some of the other hotels may do it - and for a reasonable price if you inform them that it's for a group of ladies having a light celebration. The Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre do this and it's really reasonable too. My fiance paid for me and my mum and sister to stay and did this as a lovely surprise for my birthday recently.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hen Night in Bristol

Try the hotels in the area they are more likely to be able to the champagne afternoon tea.