We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Van hire driving to france

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Topic
Van hire driving to france

Hi all does anyone know of a van hire company that does a 6 seater van for rental as i am going on a fishing trip to france

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,625 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Van hire driving to france

You need to start phoning around as there will usually be conditions attached to such a hire. For example French laws now dictate that a couple of breathalysers need to be carried, along with a raft of others compulsory equipment, most of which a van hired in the UK will not have. There is also the case of insurance for use abroad etc etc. It will all add to the cost. I'd be more inclined to look at International companies too, rather than a joe bloggs, down a back street setup. More support if things go wrong.

shoestring-UK
Level Contributor
877 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Van hire driving to france

I would check out international hire companies like Alvis, Thrifty, National etc. I would also check if the cost of a cheap return flight and local van hire might be cost effective. Think about people carriers like the ford galaxy as well as a transit type mini-bus... if there are less than 8 seats the rules relax a bit.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Van hire driving to france

Thanks for the replies we are going on a fishing hols so we will be taking lots of luggage so need a van i will ring a few companys thanks again

4. Re: Van hire driving to france

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, December 14, 2013