We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entertainment for "Young " oldies!

Which Bristol hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Entertainment for "Young " oldies!

Hi again everybody, Coming for a long weekend 27th July till 1st August ,I've sorted out accommodation (Bristol Royal Marriott) and Sat night dinner all thanks to TA Forum but am looking for Comedy or Live Music suitable for us Friday and Sunday nights? My husband loves live bands ,I love 60's music (he'll be happy if he's having a drink) but anywhere for our age group would be great. I've looked at"what's on in Bristol" for those dates but can't see much. I know at home everything seems to close for the summer but any suggestions would be great.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,181 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entertainment for "Young " oldies!

Try the Old Duke on King Street in the city centre. They have live jazz bands on most nights and it is very popular.

http://www.theoldduke.co.uk/

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entertainment for "Young " oldies!

Thanks for that, Checked it out and it looks just what we'd like . About how far is it from The Bristol Royal?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,181 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entertainment for "Young " oldies!

About a 10 minute walk.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entertainment for "Young " oldies!

www.jongleurs.com/venue/Bristol

Try this comedy club or this magic bar www.illusionsmagicbar.co.uk

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entertainment for "Young " oldies!

Thanks Christabel ,Had looked at Jongleurs but thought we might be too old !!! Will have a look in when we're there.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Entertainment for "Young " oldies!

You always get a good mix of people in there and you are never to old for anything!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Entertainment for "Young " oldies!

I agree with the Old duke, I work just around the corner and the music is excellent as is the range of ales and ciders.

8. Re: Entertainment for "Young " oldies!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, June 21, 2013