We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bristol stag do in August.

Gillingham, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bristol stag do in August.

I’m best man for a stag do and the groom has selected Bristol? Any advice? Any must goes or places to avoid? What are they like with big groups of guys? Admittedly we are 35-40 but think we are 25-30 once we’ve had a few beers. Clifton triangle or quayside better? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
3 replies to this topic
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bristol stag do in August.

What sort of age group are we talking about, are you in Bristol for the night or the whole weekend?

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Gillingham, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bristol stag do in August.

Bristol for Friday & Saturday. We are all 35-40. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bristol stag do in August.

Sorry when you said 35-40 on your original post I was thinking that was your numbers not your ages.

If you do have large numbers then getting into venues later on in the evening maybe be an issue. You won't have any issues early evening but most venues will have door staff from 8-9pm onwards and if they already have an uneven balance of men to women then they won't let a large group of guys in.

Fridays tend to be quieter than Saturdays so you may have fewer problems on that night. For Friday I'd probably recommend trying King St first. There are a lot of more Traditional pubs down there and and it's popular with people for after work drinks.

Not all the pubs there have door staff and if the weather is good you can drink outside so you won't have any issues staying together as a group. Perhaps try the Waterfront area a bit later on. Those bars down there do have door staff so I would suggest you split into smaller groups to get in the bars. For a slightly older age group I would recommend the Pitcher & Piano you could then walk across Millennium Square and check out the Slug and Lettuce and perhaps end up in the Cuban. Pryzm Nightclub is also down that way which is big and popular but might not be the best fit for your age group.

For Saturday you could try heading up to Whiteladies road in Clifton and then working your way down to Park St. You could then stay around the Clifton Triangle area later on though bare in mind the bars there don't really get busy till around 9-10pm again you will need to split into smaller groups if you want to get in places later on.

Gloucester Road could be an option for a few drinks late afternoon/early evening but it's probably not the most suitable area to spend the whole night in if you are in a large stag party.

There are some companies that have sprung up recently that are offering to take Stag/Hen parties on guided tours which grantee entry to venues, not sure whether it's worth it or not as I've not heard any feedback, but have posted a link to one of them.

http://www.bristolstagandhen.co.uk/

Mentioned in this post
Gloucester
Gloucester
Cotswolds, UK
Reply to: Bristol stag do in August.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted