We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bristol Restaurant

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Bristol Restaurant

Hi all

I am staying at the Marriott Royal in Bristol centre for 1 night on 26th March 07. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant - happy with Chinese, Italian or Curry close to the hotel?

Also, any suggestions as to entertainment for myself, partner and teenage daughter? All suggestions greatfully received!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bristol Restaurant

what about spanish? my kids loved this

el puerto. close to docks

placehttp://www.ivebeenthere.co.uk/tips/8436

(they are quite young but have very grown up taste in food)

england
Level Contributor
205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bristol Restaurant

not sure how close to your hotel but I recently had a really excellent meal at Restaurant Quartier Vert, 85 Whiteladies Road, BS8 2NT, check it out at quartiervert.co.uk. The same owners also have a place by the dockside but not sure what it's called - Bordeaux something? Not sure what you're looking for but if you want something fancy and expensive your hotel has the Michael Caines restaurant which is very well regarded

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bristol Restaurant

Hi there,

For Italian, try Marco's restaurant, which is located up some steps just off of Baldwin Street (it literally is located ON the steps!). Very nice , moderately expensive genuine Italian Food.

You could venture up to Whiteladies Road and try Henry Africa's Hot House - very popular with young people and has a vibrant bar area as well. This location is excellent as you could easily find ANY of the cuisines you like on Whiteladies Road. There is something for everyone up there.

I also quite like La Grotta on Union Street, which is pretty close to where your hotel is. its not world class cuisine, but it is a very good price and their pizzas are really nice.

Hope this helps.

Rachel

4. Re: Bristol Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 23, 2009