We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in October

Atlanta
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in October

less then two weeks before am off to London and Scotland for 9 days. Only lose end I have is trying to decide what type of coat to bring. I have a peacoat and a light jacket ( no lineing). Which one would you bring?

Thnaks :)

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in October

Lunia: Layers are actually better, so if you have a warm sweater to wear under your light jacket, that might be the way to go.

Guildford, Surrey UK
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in October

The weather is quite changeable at the moment and is certainly getting colder. I haven't got my big coat out yet, but the wooly jumpers are now being worn with my jacket. Good tip is to have a waterproof on hand just in case you get caught by our showers! Oh and the umbrella! It's England afterall!

Perthshire Scotland
Level Contributor
92 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in October

I'd pack warm clothes and rain jacket, its been a few rainy days here in Scotland (Perth) and coolish, especially early mornings and evenings. No frosts, but dampness often feels like coldness. Hope you enjoy your trip. What part of Scotland are you travelling too?