We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Anyone had Problems with Sixt Rental Car in the U.K?

Morada, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Has Anyone had Problems with Sixt Rental Car in the U.K?

On 2/16/2018 I picked up a car from Sixt in the UK. The first day I noticed a bubble in the tire. I called the Sixt help line and they sent a repair person who changed the tire. In April Sixt determined that it was my fault, (which I dispute), but I purchased insurance through you (Allianz) and submitted a claim. The claim paid by wire on May 17th. Sixt also charged my credit card on May 23rd. They have not responded to my emails and I was forced to involve my credit card company. I will never rent from this company again and caution you if you do..

Mentioned in this post
Allianz Park
Allianz Park
57 Reviews
London, UK
4 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
11,588 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has Anyone had Problems with Sixt Rental Car in the U.K?

You seem to have misunderstood how car rental in the UK works. No car rental company in Europe will ever deal with a third party insurer. If damage is incurred, the rental company charge your credit card and it is down to you to reclaim that from any insurance policy you hold.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
12,667 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has Anyone had Problems with Sixt Rental Car in the U.K?

Did you look at the tires, while collecting a car? If the bump was there, you had to speak up. Let's put the finances aside, the safety issue involved here is far more important.

I've been hiring from various Sixt branches. Sixt can really be hit&miss.

Yuri.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
11,276 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has Anyone had Problems with Sixt Rental Car in the U.K?

“....but I purchased insurance through you (Allianz) and submitted a claim.”

You’re not in touch with Allianz here. This is the public forum of Trip Advisor where travellers try to help their fellow travellers.

As has been explained, you need to understand that car hire companies won’t deal with third parties, eg insurance companies not linked to them, you need to do that yourself. Your insurance, your responsibility. If, however, you take out insurance offered by the car hire company then they will deal direct.

Edited: 3:00 am, June 08, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Allianz Park
Allianz Park
57 Reviews
London, UK
Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
5,270 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has Anyone had Problems with Sixt Rental Car in the U.K?

Tyres aren't usually covered by car insurance anyway and damage to a tyre can occur at any time due to potholes, debris in the road etc. A tyre can go even if you have been entirely blameless and avoided all kerbs etc. A bubble in the tyre indicates a cut in the sidewall, which is usually the result of sharp debris in the road. It could have happened before you picked the car up, or after. No-one's fault, just bad luck.

Reply to: Has Anyone had Problems with Sixt Rental Car in the U.K?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted