We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Welfleet in May

scituate, ma
Level Contributor
421 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Welfleet in May

My husband and I are planning on spending a few days in Wellfleet the first week of May. Any reccomendations on restaurants, things to do? We are in our mid-fifties, but enjoy active outdoor life,

Appley Bridge...
Level Contributor
624 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Welfleet in May

In May you can expect highs to be in the mid-60s ��� so you're not going to want to jump in the ocean but it should be really nice for other outdoor activities. Wellfleet has some great bike paths through scenic bird sanctuaries. Stop by the chamber of commerce when you get into town and they'll have maps of the paths as well as information on where you can rent bikes. You can get a fire permit from the local fire station and have an open fire on the beach at night ��� some blankets and a nice bottle of wine under all those stars is a nice way to spend an evening. You can also rent a boat at the town pier and putter around that harbor with a picnic lunch. The main street in town has lots of little art galleries and cute little shops and cafes. As far as restaurants go I recommend the Lobster Hutt for whole lobster and the Beachcomber for the view and the raw bar ��� you'll want other recommendations for a really nice evening out. It���s a great little town and the time that you're going (before tourist season) should be really great. Enjoy

http://www.wellfleetchamber.com/index.html

Boston
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Welfleet in May

Unfortunately, a lot of things won't be open yet in early May - especially if you are going to be there during the week. If possible, go on a weekend and more will be open. For restaurants I'd suggest Finely JP's, Van Renselears (sp!?) or the Bookstore. For activities I suggest you go to Duck Harbor and watch the sunset, walk out Great Island, rent a canoe or kayak and explore one of the many ponds.