We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nantucket suggestions needed

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Nantucket suggestions needed

Hi,

My husband and I will be taking a noon high speed ferry from Hyannis to Nantucket in July and returning to Hyannis on the 10 pm ferry that same day. We have booked a 2:30 Nantucket bus tour for an overview, but would love to get your opinions on "must sees" and a dinner recommendation for the remaining 6 or so hours we will have there.

Thank you so much!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nantucket suggestions needed

Six hours seems to me to be a long time to fill. You will already have had an hour or so to get some lunch or browse around the town before your tour. The tour will take you around the island I assume and then you are back in the town. I think if it were me I would plan an early dinner and take an earlier ferry back to Hyannis.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nantucket suggestions needed

Thanks so much. I was kind of wondering that.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nantucket suggestions needed

You can rent a small, open roofed 'jeep' type vehicle for the day and tour the island that way too. Don't recommend the motorbikes. The Whaling museum is a destination. A haunted Nantucket tour is good. it's nice to go back on the ferry as the sun sets on the water.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nantucket suggestions needed

Why not post on the Nantucket forum?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nantucket suggestions needed

Consider a visit to the Whaling Museum to see their films about Nantucket's history before the bus tour.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nantucket suggestions needed

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions and help. I posted several days ago in the Nantucket forum and didn't get any responses, so I thought I would try this one. Thanks again!

7. Re: Nantucket suggestions needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 15, 2015