We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Cape Cod

Co. Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
First visit to Cape Cod

We are planning to visit New York, Boston and Cape Cod in the autumn - late September/early October. We hope to spend 4 days in New York and divide the remaining days of our trip between Boston and Cape Cod. Is one day and one night enough to spend in Boston and 3 days adequate to travel Route 6A and maybe take in Martha's Vineyard also? We plan to take a train from New York to Boston and maybe ferry from Boston to Cape Cod. Is it possible to hire a car in Cape Cod? At this time of the year is it necessary to book our Cape Cod accommodation in advance? Any recommendation for any particular scenic town and accommodation would be greatly appreciated.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,905 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: First visit to Cape Cod

Better if you start your own post. Gets confusing for the original poster and for us.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: First visit to Cape Cod

Mumof2teenagers: NYC is a hot, steamy, humid, teeming mass of visitors in August made worse by college students returning to school. Late September is a great time to visit both the Cape and NYC.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
482 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: First visit to Cape Cod

I am shocked nobody has mentioned the Plymouth Plantation. This is by far the most interesting place to visit in Cape Cod.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: First visit to Cape Cod

Plimouth Plantation is not on Cape Cod...that's why we don't mention it. However, for folks traveling to or from the Cape from Boston, it makes a great stop along the way.

There is soooo much to do and see on Cape Cod itself, that I don't usually make recommendations about the areas that are not on Cape Cod.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
482 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: First visit to Cape Cod

I believe it is on the shore of the Cape Cod Bay. I supposed it qualifies it as a Cape Cod attraction...

I mentioned it because as much as I love the Cape, in my personal opinion everything else in Cape Cod together is not match for the P.P. To me, the main attraction of the P.P. is that it is so unique. There is nothing of that sort anywhere in the country... living history in all it glory...

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: First visit to Cape Cod

Ok thanks

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: First visit to Cape Cod

That is very helpful. Maybe save NYC for another time then.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: First visit to Cape Cod

Thanks, will have a look online :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,576 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: First visit to Cape Cod

mdnai,

Anyone from the cape will fight you on the PP not being part of the cape. It's one of my pet peeves actually. lol. Plymouth is not on the cape. You do not get on the cape until you cross over one of the bridges. I will agree with you that it's a nice attraction though for people to check out on their way to or off the cape.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: First visit to Cape Cod

Plymouth is considered the South Shore....not Cape Cod.

Get answers to your questions about Cape Cod