We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conference in Hyannis - best town to stay near there.

Winter Park, Fl.
Level Contributor
113 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Conference in Hyannis - best town to stay near there.

My husband will be at a conference located at The Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis. What would be the best town to stay in that would have easy access to this hotel? I would like a quaint town near some nice beaches but don't want to be too far away from the conference hotel since my husband will have to commute to the conference. I have considered staying at The Seacoast Inn in Hyannis and just using the ferry or car (after dropping him off) to explore the Cape. Seems like a lot of traveling and not much relaxing. I want my cake and eat it too!

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conference in Hyannis - best town to stay near there.

Stay in S. Yarmouth, take him to the conference and keep the car so you can explore. You'll be about 20 min away (I'm assuming you're coming mid summer).

Winter Park, Fl.
Level Contributor
113 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conference in Hyannis - best town to stay near there.

Yes - the conference is July 21-24th.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,122 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conference in Hyannis - best town to stay near there.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g185492-i369-k7251…

Did you see this thread about coming to the Cape for a conference with husband and baby? I wonder if you two will be at the same conference. When you are advised to stay in South Yarmouth that is a recommendation I'm sure for locating ON the beach and not at one of the many motels on busy Rt 28.

There are places to stay in Hyannis like Seacoast and Anchorin that are nice. However, if you are looking to enjoy a nice beach Hyannis, while offering a great selection of restaurants for example, is lacking the kind of beach you might want. Meantime South Yarmouth is lacking good restaurants.

Winter Park, Fl.
Level Contributor
113 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Conference in Hyannis - best town to stay near there.

I bet we are at the same conference - so funny! I did not read that thread because I thought it was mainly going to be about how to do Cape Cod with young children and we will not have any children on this trip.

But after reading through that very helpful thread I think I need to rethink where we are going to stay. We are from Florida so, while the beach is ALWAYS a plus, we live fairly close to beaches. I think I am mainly interested in quaint towns, interesting sightseeing ventures and walking to good restaurants.

Thanks!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Conference in Hyannis - best town to stay near there.

Hyannis is actually a village in Barnstable, MA. A nice place to stay would be Ashley Manor - great reviews here on TA, in the historic center:

http://www.ashleymanor.net/

It is 5 miles and 11 minutes to the Resort & Conference Center

You will be on Rt. 6A, the Old Kings Highway aka "Antique Alley" The closest beach is Sandy Neck - a bay side beach which will be calm and usually a bit warmer than some of the ocean beaches

…barnstable.ma.us/SandyNeckPark/publicbeach/…

On the other side of town is Craigville Beach which is a large beach on Centerville Harbor:

www.oncape.com/beaches/craigville-beach

For sightseeing ventures - you could plan a visit to Provincetown at the very tip of Cape Cod, funky shops and great restaurants, beautiful National Seashore beach - Race Point. Kind of a Key West meets the Pilgrims vibe You could (should) try to visit at least one National Seashore Beach, they are found in the towns of Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro and Provincetown.

http://www.nps.gov/caco/index.htm

You can go out of Barnstable for a whale watch or a sail out of Hyannis, kayak Nauset Marsh, see a show at Cape Cod Melody Tent. Lots of other choices, too.

6. Re: Conference in Hyannis - best town to stay near there.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, March 14, 2015