We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet friendly lodging

Teaneck, New Jersey
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pet friendly lodging

I'd like to make my first visit to Cape Cod. Does anyone know of places to stay which will permit pets? Thank you.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,002 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Pet friendly lodging

Lots of rentals. Start with www.weneedavacation.com You could also check with one of the many reputable realtors in most of the towns on the Cape. Many beaches do not allow dogs during certain times of the year.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,079 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Pet friendly lodging

Cape cod national seashore allows leashed dogs on most beaches as long as you stay out of the lifeguard area. What they surprisingly do NOT allow is dogs on the walking trails.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Pet friendly lodging

To me, the qualities of "Old Cape Cod" are small villages, a minimum of traffic, a sense of openess and the sea, ruralness, minimum of commercial development, closeness to the bay or the ocean. Wellfleet and Truro are really the only towns left that still have those characteristics I feel.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Pet friendly lodging

And Eastham as well. Many people never get off the main road in Eastham to realize that there is absolutely no commercial development on either the bay side or the ocean side of town. The town has managed to maintain its rural character, although if you only drive through on your way to Provincetown you might miss that fact!

"Eastham is now best known for its beaches and conservation areas. As Gateway to the National Seashore Park protecting over 27,000 acres of the Outer Cape, and one third of the town of Eastham, both residents and visitors can revere in a land little changed since Thoreau wrote his masterpiece, 'Cape Cod', over one hundred years ago."

15. Re: Pet friendly lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cape Cod