We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teens activities for today!! Help!

Bromley
Level Contributor
233 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Teens activities for today!! Help!

Hi we are a family of 5 with 3 teens staying in Chatham and have a day left - we have been tp P-town and done a whale cruise (ok-ish) and ridden the CCRT. We have visited coast guard, Marconi and Skaket beaches, all nice but nothing for the kids to do. Is there a beach that offers activities like donut rides, banana boats etc. I have a leaflet for paragliding but that's $90 per kid for a 12 min flight!! Any help gratefully received.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Teens activities for today!! Help!

Miniature golf, go-carts, more beach.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,502 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Teens activities for today!! Help!

The cape is definitely not like the Jersey shore. It's more about enjoying the natural beauty. Alan gave good suggestions on mini golf and go karts. Have you guys been to Hyannis and walked up and down Main street?

Bromley
Level Contributor
233 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teens activities for today!! Help!

We have done some mini golf at Arnold's on the CCRT but not been to Hyannis - what's on main? Not sure window shopping will cut it! Where would we go kart? Have seen some activities at red jacket resort but not sure.......

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,436 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Teens activities for today!! Help!

My kids have boogie boards and play in the water for hours.

Do you have a car? The flea market at the Wellfleet drive in is pretty extensive. I have taken my kids to South Yarmouth for go carts here: http://www.bassriversportsworld.com/

Once you get on rte 28 in that area you should find go carts, mini golf, tempo lines, batting cages and stuff like that.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Teens activities for today!! Help!

On Rt. 28 in Harwich there are bumper boats, batting cages, go-carts & mini golf. You could also go sailing out of Wellfleet Harbor. You can rent jet skis or parasail out of Dennis.

http://capecodparasail.com/jet-skiing.htm

http://www.outercapesailing.com/

http://www.capecodbumperboats.com/

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,324 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Teens activities for today!! Help!

Donut rides? Banana Boats?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,436 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Teens activities for today!! Help!

HOWLAND.... I assume a donut ride is one of those tubes pulled behind a boat, but I am not sure. No clue what a banana boat is in this context.

Also .... My teen daughter is wondering if your

screen name is after Howland Road in Ptown

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,324 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Teens activities for today!! Help!

forgotmypword: Thanks for the information. Howland Owl was a character in the Pogo comics that ended 40 years ago and was one of my favorites. Howland Owl was the self-appointed expert and authority on everything and was always giving his opinion on things. It was one of my code names when I was doing Long Range Recon Patrol in Vietnam 45 years ago.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,436 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Teens activities for today!! Help!

Very cool. I remember Pogo and the owl but did not remember his name.

Right now I am sitting in the Ptown laundromat waiting for my clothes to dry ... Lol!! Yes it is a gorgeous day but I needed a break from the sun and we were out of clean clothes!!

And ... Thank you for you service.

conn
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Teens activities for today!! Help!

Banana boat is a long banana shaped inflatable pulled behind a power boat, usually a crazy bumpy ride. Howland enjoy your posts.