We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy kids bathing suits?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
230 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy kids bathing suits?

In the car heading to the Cape and realized that we failed to pack any bathing suits for the 12 year old boy (who really should be packing for himself). Any suggestions on where we can get cheap bathing and kayaking gear for a kid? A Targey or K Mart type place is fine. We will be staying in Falmouth and exploring the cape for two days before going to the Vineyard for a week. Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cape Cod, MA
South Chatham, MA
Level Contributor
618 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy kids bathing suits?

You're in luck! Because Falmouth has the one and only Wal-Mart on Cape Cod! No Target's here -- and K-Mart is in Hyannis -- You might also try the Ocean State Job Lot in Buzzard's Bay at the rotary on mainland side of Bourne Bridge.for swim suits.

Mentioned in this post
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cape Cod, MA
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Hyannis
Hyannis
Cape Cod, MA
Bourne
Bourne
Cape Cod, MA
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
230 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy kids bathing suits?

So we violated our moral/political scruples and went to Walmart for the first time ever, but no kids bathing suits. Lots of women's suits, but none for kids. Then we headed to Main Street. The only store with kids suits was Board Stiff, so we indulged in a $50 pair of trunks. Crazy expensive, but that's what you get for sloppy packing. We hope to find some cheaper ones in the days ahead, but at least he's got a pair for tomorrow. Thanks for the tips!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy kids bathing suits?

Isn't there a mall near Hyannis? I remember passing one near the Nantucket ferries, like a few miles away? Am I misremembering?

Mentioned in this post
Hyannis
Hyannis
Cape Cod, MA
The Nantucket Hotel & Resort
The Nantucket Hotel...
857 Reviews
Nantucket, MA
South Chatham, MA
Level Contributor
618 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy kids bathing suits?

Yes, there's a mall in Hyannis on Rt 132 -- across from the K-Mart -- I answered as I did based on fact that OP maybe wouldn't be going near there -- so gave ideas on similar/lower priced stores that might have desired items...malls tend to be pricey, at least to me, they are.

Mentioned in this post
Hyannis
Hyannis
Cape Cod, MA
5. Re: Where to buy kids bathing suits?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 24, 2014