We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closing for season

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
351 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Closing for season

We are planning to go to Dennis Port last week in September or first week in October, possibly staying at Ocean side condos. I am worried this would be really late in the season and things would be closed until spring? Is there is another town, that perhaps stays open longer or year round, with accommodations on the water?

Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
666 Reviews
from $94.50*
Special Offer
Go Boston Card
136 Reviews
from $57.00*
$60.00
Cape Cod Fast Ferry
48 Reviews
from $61.00*
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,785 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closing for season

I don't have that much experience with things in Dennis Port, but most towns are open for business well into October. Yes, some restaurants do close for the season by then but most are open especially on weekends and maybe shortened hours during the week. Wellfleet and Provincetown will still have most things open.

Edited: 3:10 pm, August 17, 2013
Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closing for season

Orleans and Eastham are year-round towns as well.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closing for season

Are there any accommodations that are on the water in these towns, motels or condos?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closing for season

Towns don't really close down. People live all over the Cape year round. Not easy to get waterfront once you leave the mid Cape area and move down to the lower and outer Cape. Most towns have several restaurants which will be open year round.

Orleans is a good choice for excellent access to the main routes, 28, 6 and 6A which will get you anywhere you want to go. Plenty of restaurants, shopping, Nauset Beach on the ocean side and Skaket Beach on the Bay.

The Cove which is situated on the Town Cove right in the centre of Orleans may suit you. No beach but lovely water views. www.thecoveorleans.com

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closing for season

Most businesses along Old Wharf Rd where the Oceanside is will be closed for the season after Labour Day.

You will likely have to venture up to Rte 28 to find restaurants & shops that are open.

I would suggest Chatham/Orleans area for more year 'round options that will still give you a nice Cape experience.

I am most familiar with accommodations in Dennisport & West Dennis, but have a couple beachfront VRBO listings bookmarked for Chatham. Haven't stayed in either but look great to me. #358827 & 161374ha.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closing for season

Dennis Port has a few along Old Wharf Road. Never stayed in them, but they look nice. Most are open year-round, but some may close at the end of October:

Edgewater Beach Resort

Seawinds II Condominium

Breakers Beach Resort

The Soundings Seaside Resort

7. Re: Closing for season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 23, 2014