We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pay phone

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
pay phone

Sometimes we're looking,, I spotted one outside the post office, on main street, Hyannis!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,718 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: pay phone

I'll try and remember to make a note of any pay phones that I spot when we are there in a few weeks time. There used to be a couple in the Friend's supermarket parking lot in Orleans, I'll check to see if they are still there. I'm going to be looking into buying one of the prepaid type cell phones myself this year as we will not have a land line phone at the house. I understand that they can be bought at CVS and maybe Radio Shack.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pay phone

Most post offices had a pay telephone at one time, but as they broke or were vandalized they were not replaced. With the widespread use of cell phone the old pay phone is becoming extinct.

3. Re: pay phone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 12, 2014