We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public phone booth in area?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
253 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Public phone booth in area?

Hello, we need to phone home (Canada) but cottage we are renting does not have a phone and we cannot use our cell phone here. Are there any public pay phone booths in the area? We are staying in Dennisport

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public phone booth in area?

Not familiar with the area but supermarkets especially shaw's have them for seniors. If not buy a cheap throw away cell with a phone card.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,114 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public phone booth in area?

Why not ask some people that you see in Dennisport? Try gas stations. Many post offices used to have a telephone outside. Public telephones have become very scarce in most places.

South Chatham, MA
Level Contributor
506 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public phone booth in area?

I can't recall seeing any phone booths in Dennis Port when I've been through there -- not saying they don't exist but highly unlikely they do given cell phone domination..

Why exactly can't you use your phone here? Is your phone GSM? If so, I think you can get a USA SIM card for it.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public phone booth in area?

Well I could use my cell phone if I had to in an emergency but roaming charges are ridiculously expensive! Will check gas stations.. Thanks

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public phone booth in area?

I had a heck of a time trying to find them, awhile ago, even in the Hyannis area,, and some didn't even work. Hopefully, there will be some in the Dennisport area.

South Chatham, MA
Level Contributor
506 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public phone booth in area?

You said roaming charges are high but didn't specify type of phone -- presuming it's GSM vs CDMA since most non-USA is GSM and that means you can get SIM card to have a USA phone nbr while here...I can give you links to sites that discuss this topic.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public phone booth in area?

WE did finally find a phone booth at the Patriot Square Shopping Center on Route 134 in Dennis. It is right beside the Marshalls.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,769 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Public phone booth in area?

Thanks for letting us know.

9. Re: Public phone booth in area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 15, 2014