We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help we've never been to the Cape!

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Please help we've never been to the Cape!

My hubby and I planning a week at the end of June. Which town on the Cape has the most to offer in terms of things to do; great restaurants; pretty scenery etc. We just don't know where to begin! Thanks

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,938 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Please help we've never been to the Cape!

We favor mid-Cape Dennis with it's 16 beautiful beaches, a variety of dining from casual to upscale and home made ice cream shops, museums and theater, activities from public golf courses to mini-golf and more.

But we also love the Upper Cape especially historic Falmouth and lots to do in the oldest Cape town, Sandwich, too. But we love the beauty of the beaches on the Outer Cape too. If you want to explore the Cape then locating about mid-Cape will make that easier.

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Please help we've never been to the Cape!

The whole Cape is very nice,, so the good thing that it's nice to take little road trips and explore, from a wherever you end up staying. Have a great visit! :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Please help we've never been to the Cape!

You will have a car on your trip, yes? A lot depends upon that. Of course, you can rent one. Another suggestion, in addition to those given above, is to look around for photos of Cape Cod (I also love the book mentioned above by Kim Grant, it has some photos but you can look online too) and see if certain locations shown just make you fall in love. You might be awed by the stark beauty and beach dominance of the outer Cape (Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro Provincetown) or you might be more excited by the quaint town centers and harbors of the mid-Cape. For me, I think the mid-Cape is a good compromise and puts you in a good location for exploring most of the Cape from a central spot. There is no right and perfect choice, as others have said.

14. Re: Please help we've never been to the Cape!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 12, 2014