We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach suggestion

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Beach suggestion

Staying in dennisport. Want to spend a couple hours at a beach tomorrow morning. Want to have some waves and a larger beach area. We went to a beach tonight real close to our cottage just for a quick look. Inman beach. This is not what I have in mind. Not very large beach area. Today we caught a glimpse of a beach while we were kayaking on the Parker river. In Yarmouth. Not sure of name. But it seemed to have a large beach area. Looking for suggestions for a quick trip to a good beach to relax and swim a little.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,050 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach suggestion

I think it may have been Sea Gull Beach - take a look here, you can click on the map for each beach & see:

http://www.yarmouth.ma.us/index.aspx?NID=438

Edited: 9:58 pm, June 01, 2013
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach suggestion

Unfortunately it's not very sunny here this morning. I like west Dennis beach in Dennis and bass river beach in south Yarmouth.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,320 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach suggestion

There is a beach called Parker River. Use the markers on Rt 28 for The Skipper Restaurant and drive to the shore. Right across from the restaurant is the beach that you may be looking for. However for a long beach I agree that you will find quite a bit of sand at West Dennis Beach. Most folks congregate near the entrance but, if you don't need the food concession nor the bathrooms then consider heading all the way out to the Bass River for a more scenic imho site where you can enjoy the river and the Sound. BTW the beach on the other side is Bass River Beach in South Yarmouth from which a lot of the boats you'll see are being launched. In Dennisport my favorite beach is South Village. The public portion is bigger than Inman and not as big as West Dennis. What I like is the area where Swan River empties into the Sound. You can walk along west all the way from Swan River past the private property beaches to Lighthouse Inn. When you get there you can rent jet skis and/or have a simple lunch outside on their patio if weather permits. South Village is best at low tide when you can walk out to the sandbars. Don't miss taking a walk on Mayflower Beach on the north side of Dennis. This is a must for a low tide. Hope you are still on the Cape.

4. Re: Beach suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 04, 2014