We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation around Cape Cod

Melbourne
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation around Cape Cod

Hello, my husband and I are travelling to the Cape from New York City at the end of May. We generally try to travel outside peak times so that we don't have to book hotels in advance and can make decisions as we go based on what we see and what we like. However, this time, we were given June for our vacation leave. We are Australian and not familiar with 'peak times' only to have been told that July/August is 'summer' and crazy busy everywhere in the US. June is technically a summer month also however does it also fall into the busy category and should we be booking accommodation now? We love staying in character B and B's and have about 3 days to explore the area before heading further North up the Coast. I have read so much on all the lovely sounding towns in the area and would like to not be locked in to a certain town on a set day if possible, or are we tempting fate that we will end up in a cheap motel on the highway because that's all that will be available??!

Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
660 Reviews
from $94.50*
Special Offer
Go Boston Card
136 Reviews
from $57.00*
$60.00
Cape Cod Fast Ferry
48 Reviews
from $61.00*
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,578 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation around Cape Cod

With only three days I suggest that you stay in one place and drive around from there. Not necessary to stay in different towns. Probably safer to choose a town and a B&B in advance for the three days. The column to the right of this page will get you started, lots of info on the various towns. Perhaps Chatham or Brewster, they both have some lovely inns and B & Bs. Or you could try Fort Hill in Eastham. www.forthillbedandbreakfast.com

Edited: 8:16 pm, May 15, 2013
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,750 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation around Cape Cod

You could indeed find lodging in June but do you want to spend your vacation time driving around just looking for a place to stay? Then too, as you know, B&Bs typically have fewer rooms

There are several in Dennis, which is dead, mid-Cape, including By the Sea Guests ON the beach in Dennisport. Have fun.

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation around Cape Cod

As suggested, you'll do fine with one lodging "home base", and you'll be able to drive from there and sightsee plenty of awesome spots. I'd book in advance of your arrival, so y'all can relax, and have fun once you get here.

:)

Yarmouth, MA
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation around Cape Cod

I agree that it's a good idea to book your lodging in advance.

Late May/early June isn't usually overly busy here, other than Memorial Day weekend - May 24-27th. Although you'll undoubtedly be able to find somewhere to stay if you just "wing it" ... isn't it better to choose a place that you'll love, rather than just take whatever you happen to stumble upon at the last minute?

There are lovely B&Bs all over the Cape. If you give us an idea of which part of Cape Cod you might prefer, and what your lodging budget range is, I'm sure you'll get lots more suggestions.

5. Re: Accommodation around Cape Cod

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 18, 2014