We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket

Oslo
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket

Hi!

I plan to spend a few days in Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket at the end of June this year. I would like to request your help to decide which places are most interesting to visit while I'm there. I love nature, beautiful scenery and the nice little gems of hotels/rentals and restaurants that you find "hidden" around. I would probably have 2-3 days to see each place.

Regards

Chris

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,886 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket

Read on the left "Things to Do" and on the right Top Questions" to get some ideas.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,528 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket

Since you are interested in nature you should consider the many nature trails that are to be found all over Cape Cod. My favorite is the Atlantic White Cedar Swamp Trail in Wellfleet at the Marconi Station area.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,177 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket

How many days are you talking about? May not want to visit all three due to travel times.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,246 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket

Hmmm, nature and beautiful scenery sounds like the outer cape/Natiional Seashore, from Eastham to Provincetown. For panoramic views of Nauset Marsh, and the Atlantic Ocean, with rolling fields of wildflowers, board-walked Red Maple Swamp and historic houses to boot you might want to visit Fort Hill in Eastham.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,528 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket

The view of Nauset Marsh from Fort Hill is outstanding! I have to visit there every year. Ocean View Drive in Wellfleet is also worth a detour. The views from the Marconi Station area are great. Often you can see seals at play.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket

As we often say, it may not be worth your time to visit BOTH Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. While they are certainly not identical, you would lose some time in traveling, especially to get to Nantucket. It is a long ferry ride. If you are determined to see all 3 places, you can. But I think I would recommend just Cape Cod plus Martha's Vineyard.

There are wonderful nature walks on M.V. and there is a great guidebook to walking paths on the island. Certainly there are lots of choices. M.V. is also covered with wonderful bike paths (almost entirely off the road so they are very safe). Some of these follow along beaches, in one case for about 2 miles. I also recommend the walking path that takes visitors down to the Gay Head point beach. Both the path and the beach are well worth it.

I think one other post may have mentioned it, but you could check the website for the Massachusetts Audubon Society as well. They have a place on M.V. and also at least one on Cape Cod. On Cape Cod, too, it is essential to visit the National Seashore. Here is a bit of information to get you started: http://www.nps.gov/caco/index.htm

Also at the end of the National Seashore in Provincetown, visit the Province Lands.

7. Re: Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 15, 2014