We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November Trip

Succasunna, NJ
Level Contributor
350 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
November Trip

Hi ......we were thinking about taking a trip to The Cape Nov 8-11. (Thurs-Sun) Will there be much open or is it, in your opinion, not a great time to visit? We were looking to relax, do some shopping, sightseeing, etc.

Thank you for your help.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November Trip

Well there is a year 'round population on the cape and you will be here on a holiday weekend so, although the "beachy" towns may be a bit slow, you should find enough to do and see to keep you happy. The outer cape includes Provincetown, where you will find many shops open offering end of year sales, Wellfleet, the gallery town and Eastham, home of the National Seashore Visitor's Center and glorious ocean and bay beaches. The walking trails are lovely at that time of the year, although your outdoor activities will have to consider the weather which can be clear, cool and crisp as well as damp and rainy.

Orleans, Chatham, Brewster and Harwich in the mid-cape region all make nice shopping/sightseeing locations and offer a wide variety of restaurants.

I am editing this response to let you know that I am biased. As the innkeeper at the Fort Hill Bed and Breakfast, overlooking the Atlantic, I live on the Cape year 'round and love every season. As a tourist, you will have to make up your own mind.

Edited: 1:30 pm, September 25, 2012
Hartford...
Level Contributor
118 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November Trip

We always spend a week or 2 during the summer but I love going in the fall as well. We'll probably do a few days in late October. Province Town is not like during the summer but it's a great time to walk around, have a nice lunch and just enjoy it. We also like walking around downtown Chatham, being able to drive anywhere with no traffic. It's also a great time to check out various restuarants and be able to get a table without the summer wait. The weather should still be decent enough for outdoor activities. Bike trails, a walk on the beach, check out the light houses, etc. Yes there are places closed for the off season but plenty are still open and I am sure you will have a great time. It will make you want to come back during the summer.

3. Re: November Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cape Cod