We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moped rentals

CapeCod
3 posts
Save Topic
Moped rentals

The person who asked where to rent a moped or scooter on Cape Cod OTHER than Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard, on June 4, got a response that didn't answer the question! And I have the same question. We are staying in Provincetown, and would like to rent a moped or scooter for my husband who has a broken ankle to get around, but cannot find any rentals other than Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard.

Please advise if you know of any place OTHER than those two islands!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,975 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moped rentals

I don't know of any places that rent mopeds or motorized scooters in the areas of the Cape where I have stayed. (Eastham to P-town area).

If you are looking for a 'motorized cart' -- like a medicinal scooter -- then I believe there are companies that rent and deliver to your hotel ...

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moped rentals

Hi there LD: If you need a mobility scooter rather than a small 'motorcycle' type scooter, you should contact Cape Medical Supply to see if they'll rent:

1-800-339-3322

CapeMedical.com

They have locations in Plymouth, Sandwich, Falmouth, Hyannis so you can probably pick up a scooter on your way to Provincetown. The terrain is uneven in Ptown but a mobility scooter might be just fine. (beats walking around on a bum ankle, that's for sure). Not sure if this applies but medicare will pay up to 80% for mobility scooters.

Can you let me know how you make out? Thanks.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,975 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moped rentals

"Mobility Scooter" --- thanks fussyguest ... that's the term I was looking for.

CapeCod
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Moped rentals

Thanks for your info! As it turns out, Cape Medical doesn't have any motorized equipment, only manual wheelchairs and "transport" wheelchairs. But a guy at CM recommended calling Westgate Home Medical in Hyannis, which I did, and they DO have "Gogo Scooters" which are transportable (comes apart into 5 pieces for travelling) and motorized!

The only negative is that they only rent for full weeks, but at least we found someone!

Thanks again!

CapeCod
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Moped rentals

Thanks FMP also! From what I can tell, the places that rent motorized mobility scooters, other than Westgate Home Medical in Hyannis, are closer to Boston, and will not deliver out to the Cape. And it's a bummer that they won't deliver to the airport either! But Westgate HM in Hyannis has what we need, and if we decide to rent one, we have to pick it up, but it's only 1 hour away. Yeah!

Thanks!

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moped rentals

Thanks for posting back with your very helpful information. Glad you found what you needed! Sounds like CapeMedical did you a good turn. I'll note this page for others who may need similar equipment during their Cape stay. Have a great time.

7. Re: Moped rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 04, 2010