We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod Labor Day weekend

Switzerland
Level Contributor
563 posts
211 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Cod Labor Day weekend

Hi all,

I am going to Cape Cod for Labor Day weekend (Friday-Tuesday)with my boyfriend (we are 27&28). I

have been to the Cape several times, but not in the past 4 years. I am looking for tips on things to do: amazing bike trips, best beaches, restaurants you'd recommend, romantic places, somewhere to have a drink and the like. We are staying in Wellfleet.

We are also having dinner with my parents on Sunday night. Any recommendations on a good spot in Wellfleet (note:my parents are meeting him for the first time)?

Thanks very much in advance!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,103 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Cod Labor Day weekend

Hi, there was a thread earlier this summer on restaurants choices in Wellfleet & nearby Truro -http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60754-i2388-k2914554-Wellfleet_anniversary-Wellfleet_Cape_Cod_Massachusetts.html

You should definitely visit Cahoon Hallow beach in Wellfleet & have drinks at the Beachcomber:

http://www.thebeachcomber.com/cahoonhollow/

have fun! hope the "meeting" goes well!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,103 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Cod Labor Day weekend

sorry - that link didn't come out - just enter "Wellfleet" in the Cape Cod forum search box above. The thread was entitled "wellfleet anniversary"

Boston
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Cod Labor Day weekend

For dinner you could try Van Ranssalaer's (Rt 6 in South Wellfleet). It has a great salad bar and I've never had a bad meal there. The service is usually excellent as well - ask for Trish. For drinks if the weather is nice you could try the new Pearl Restaurant at Wellfleet harbor. It has an upstairs deck where you can watch the boats. The food is good at the Pearl as well. Another nice place for drinks is Winslow's Tavern in Wellfleet Center. It has an upstairs bar that has also has tables and couches. Sometimes there is piano music or jazz, but not every night. I've had good drinks (great mojitos) and appetizers at Winslow's but didn't wasn't as impressed with the dinners.

The Beachcomber would be a fun place for you and your boyfriend to go at night, but not it's not where you want to go with your parents. However, it would be fine to take them there for lunch.

For a romantic place to go with your boyfriend, take a bottle of wine to Duck Harbor ("Sunset beach") and watch the sunset over Cape Cod Bay. It's a great spot.

Switzerland
Level Contributor
563 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Cod Labor Day weekend

Great! Thanks very much for your replies...I really appreciate it :) Looks like it will be a beautiful weekend.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
459 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Cod Labor Day weekend

If you like to hike/walk I recommend Great Island Trail starting on the end of Chequessett Neck Rd and the Nauset Trail which starts at the at the Salt Pond Visitor Center in Eastham. The Great Island Trail is 8 miles long...pack a lunch & drinks in your backpack and make a day of it. The views are gorgeous! The Nauset Trail is just over a mile and a half...nice views of Nauset Marsh.

www.wellfleetchamber.com/BikingHiking.html

6. Re: Cape Cod Labor Day weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 02, 2010