We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where in Cape Cod??? HELP!

Manalapan, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
where in Cape Cod??? HELP!

we are planning a long weekend to Cape Cod in Aug. and have no idea where to stay. we r not familiar at all with the area and didnt realize there were so many different towns. we r traveling with 2 children 6 &9. we like to be in the middle of the action, and love the beach, shopping, and good restaurants. I was thinking of staying in the Yarmouth area. any opinions would be helpful.

PA
Level Contributor
806 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: where in Cape Cod??? HELP!

Just4jenna,my husband and 12 years old daughter just got back yesterday from a long weekend in Hyannis. Stayed at Cape Cod Harbor Inn across the rd. from the harbor. But the one down fall was it did'nt have a pool which to us was ok, we didn't really have time for swimming we went exploring to much. There is 2 beaches down from it you can walk there we did but if i had to do again i would of drove.I think the one was called JFK but we like the one after that better. There are other hotels on Ocean st that that had pools Holiday Day Harbor inn and Hyannis Habor Hotel, Sea Coast Inn anyways i did'nt decover this to the last night there 2 blocks from there is main st thats where the action is,stores,restaurants, merry go round ect, blcks of it.Lots of people on the sidewalks but thats what we like,just like the board walk. Went to the harbor and watched the boats come in with the fish and cleaning them and a pirate boats for kids goes out there and across the street is a ice cream place that has gooddddd ice cream the snickers is the bestttt. You try it one time you will be back. Any other questions let me know Dallas1