We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in July

PA
Level Contributor
106 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in July

My husband and I are going to Boston and Cape Cod in the beginning of July. We are planning on staying 3 nights in the Cape and 2 in Boston... This is going to be our last trip with just the two of us as we are expecting a baby in October, so we figured this will be a nice vacation... I am looking for something maybe in the middle since we will be driving to Boston I am not sure how long that will take. I am hoping to keep the price between $100 and $150... Any suggestions on where to stay?

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
boston, ma
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in July

my husband and i went to disney 2 years ago as our last hurrah before our son! good idea to take this trip!

I highly recommend staying in Chatham- it is right in the middle of the cape and has some great B&B's - The Chatham Bars Inn is the big hotel there - may be a bit pricey for what you are looking for- but its really nice. Chatham has lots of cute shops to walk around downtown and most of the B&B's are within walking distance to the town- they also have a town gazebo with concerts on weekends.

If not Chatham- I would recommend staying in Harwich - next town over...nice town and not as overrun with the college crowd- stay away from Yarmouth, Hyannis - - too congested and too many college students.

Mentioned in this post
Chatham
Chatham
Cape Cod, MA
Chatham Bars Inn
Chatham Bars Inn
1,907 Reviews
Chatham, MA
Harwich
Harwich
Cape Cod, MA
Hyannis
Hyannis
Cape Cod, MA
PA
Level Contributor
106 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in July

Thanks for the suggestions... I just checked that hotel and there are only 2 rooms left, one for $340 a night and the other was more.... So if you have any other hotel suggestions, it is appreciated! Thanks!

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
101 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in July

Go to CapeCodlodging.com and click on the little map of cape cod This will give you the available rooms and rates for all the accommodations in each town,

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in July

You might try Falmouth. It's about equidistant from Boston, Provincetown, and Providence... 60 miles, give or take. Try to plan any time on the Cape to avoid the mad rush to the Cape on Friday, or away from the Cape on Sunday... there is construction going on around the Sagamore Bridge to alleviate the chronic traffic congestion, but it's gonna be a bottleneck during peak travel hours for many months. Also be aware that most places on the Cape require minimum stays on the weekend, but have a lot of vacancies, generally speaking, during the week.

If you like a carnival atmosphere, you might consider basing yourself in a Boston-area hotel, and for the time you want to spend on the Cape, take the ferry from Boston to Provincetown.

For a reasonably priced room, try the Milner or the Hotel 140... both in Boston. Unfortunately, the beginning of July in Boston is a pretty busy time, and reasonable rooms are scarce.

Mentioned in this post
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cape Cod, MA
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Provincetown
Provincetown
Cape Cod, MA
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,031 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in July

Hello Mom2B, At this late date for less than a week and in July you may have to compromise on the rate or the level of hotel. I wish I could give you a suggestion but am just writing to let you know that if you choose Falmouth you will spend a lot of time in traffic and that it is far from the outer Cape, the National Seashore and Chatham which I think you mentioned. I suggest that you look at towns from Hyannis and east. If you read back on this forum you will find a lot of suggestions but, as you learned, no one seems to take the room rate into their suggestions. Keep looking. You will find it is well worth the time and you will enjoy anywhere you land on the Cape.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Cod National Seashore
Cape Cod National...
512 Reviews
Cape Cod, MA
Chatham
Chatham
Cape Cod, MA
Hyannis
Hyannis
Cape Cod, MA