We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My 27th anniversary is coming up on April 27th...

Methuen...
Level Contributor
146 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
My 27th anniversary is coming up on April 27th...

I had plans but they fell thru. I am looking at the Chatham Bars Inn in Chatham but it seems a bit expensive. I really want something close to shops or areas with things to do. I would also like a quiet place maybe near the water. Any opinions, ideas or opinions on the Bars Inn would be great. I looked at the Lands End and Crowne Pointe but they seemed a bit too Victorian. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, looking foir 2 or 3 nights.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Chatham Bars Inn
Chatham Bars Inn
1,907 Reviews
Chatham, MA
Chatham
Chatham
Cape Cod, MA
Land's End Inn
Land's End Inn
733 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Special Offer
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
592 Reviews
from $94.50*
$105.00
Special Offer
Go Boston Card
127 Reviews
from $56.00*
$59.00
Cape Cod
Level Contributor
101 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My 27th anniversary is coming up on April 27th...

Here are a couple of other selections you might want to consider for your special anniversary celebration.

The All Seasons Motor Inn in South Yarmouth has been voted best Mid-Cape motel for 11 consecutive seasons by readers of Cape Cod Life magazine, It has indoor/outdoor pools and a great little restaurant serving breakfast and lunch, Located mid-cape it's just a short drive to Hyannis and Chatham for shopping, dining and attractions, Also in South Yarmouth and right on the water is the Red Jacket Beach Resort.

Another area that you might lke is the Hyannis Harbor Ocean Street Docks. Accomadations here include Anchor Inn, Hyannis Harbor and Hyannis Holiday motels. These places are all convenient to shopping, dining and attractions.

You are correct in your assumptions of other places mentioned, The Lands End Inn and Crown Pointe are somewhat Victorian and CBI is definitely expensive.

Mentioned in this post
South Yarmouth
South Yarmouth
Cape Cod, MA
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Hyannis
Hyannis
Cape Cod, MA
Chatham
Chatham
Cape Cod, MA
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Red Jacket Beach Resort...
632 Reviews
South Yarmouth, MA
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
73 Reviews
Hyannis, MA
Anchor Inn
Anchor Inn
216 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Hyannis Holiday Motel
Hyannis Holiday Motel
294 Reviews
Hyannis, MA
Land's End Inn
Land's End Inn
733 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Wellfleet
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: My 27th anniversary is coming up on April 27th...

You are definitely right about the Chatham Bars being a bit on the expensive side. If you are looking for something a more reasonably priced check out the Wellfleet Motel & Lodge. They are about 2.5 miles to the beach. They have a lovely property with an outdoor pool and indoor pool. Also the breakfast in their cafe is very good. However, they are not as close to town centers like the Crowne Point and Chatam Bars. Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
The Chatham Motel
The Chatham Motel
371 Reviews
Chatham, MA
Wellfleet Motel
Wellfleet Motel
241 Reviews
Wellfleet, MA
Boston
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My 27th anniversary is coming up on April 27th...

Hi,

I have stayed at Crowne Pointe several times and the place is great. The rooms are great, new, and super clean. The best part is the hot breakfast which is included with your rate (breakfast in ptown cafes could be 25 each lol ) They have a great serene spa on the property and we loved it after a long day at the beach. We had our anniversary dinner at the restaurant at the Inn and they made it really special for us. A job well done you should try it out, not as stuffy as the Chatham Bars Inn.

Mentioned in this post
Chatham Bars Inn
Chatham Bars Inn
1,907 Reviews
Chatham, MA