We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catholic wedding on Lake Garda

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Catholic wedding on Lake Garda

Hello,

My fiancé and I are planning our wedding to happen around Easter 2014. We would like to get married somewhere on Lake Garda in a Catholic church with approx 50 guests. Can anyone recommend a wedding planner/organisation that they have heard good things about? Ideally we are going to decided which planner we want to work with and go to Italy to visit them early next year, but from searching on the internet there seems to be a wealth of people to turn to!

Any advice, tips, stories of similar experiences would be great!

Thanks.

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
796 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catholic wedding on Lake Garda

Hello,

I#ve heard good things about this company but haven't used them: http://lakegardaweddings.com/en/home.asp

They can probably give you some ideas

DD

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Catholic wedding on Lake Garda

Thanks for getti backt to me. I have had a look at this website and unfortunately they do not cater for church weddings.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catholic wedding on Lake Garda

We just got married on Lake Garda in July but it was a civil ceremony.

We used a planner called Pam Barrack: http://www.romanticweddingsonlakegarda.com/

I'm not sure if she does church ceremonies but I suggest you contact her to find out because she is amazing at what she does.

Good luck with your plans. Hope your day is as incredible as ours was!

Al & Jo.

Villingen
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Catholic wedding on Lake Garda

Someone that I can thoroughly recommend is Samuele Gallorini with Il Cerimoniere Italian Weddings. He looked after the church side of things for us and we organised our flowers, cake and photographer through him. He was extremely professional and very reassuring and fast to reply to any queries we had.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catholic wedding on Lake Garda

Hi GalwayWanderer

I'm just wondering if you have any other information about Samuele Gallorini with Il Cerimoniere Italian Weddings.

I have emailed them to help us book our wedding.

We were going to plan it ourselves but it seems like a lot of trouble booking Catholic Weddings without a planner.

Villingen
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Catholic wedding on Lake Garda

Hi Fivestarzjess,

The hardest part of it is to secure the church and also to find a priest who can do it in English. As well as finding us a church that was happy to marry foreigners (another difficult obstacle), Samuele got a priest who was willing to travel from another parish to marry us as the parish priest in that church didn't speak English. I don't think we would have been able to get this sorted out without his help!

He also filed all our paperwork when we sent it to him and checked that everything was in order. We met him a day or two before our wedding to file more paperwork at the town hall (declaration to marry), and he came to our hotel with the flowers on the morning of our wedding. He's a lovely fella. Please give him Leona & Uwe's regards!

If you need any more info to help with your wedding planning, feel free to get in touch :) Good luck!!

Villingen
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Catholic wedding on Lake Garda

P.S. The church we got married in was a few kilometres outside of Malcesine in a place called Brenzone. (We had our reception in Malcesine). There is a church in the centre of Malcesine but it wasn't available on the date we wanted it.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Catholic wedding on Lake Garda

Hi!

Try this:

viafontana30.it/index.php/…

They are very good in italian and destination weddings in Lake Garda.

9. Re: Catholic wedding on Lake Garda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, March 25, 2014
10. Re: Catholic wedding on Lake Garda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, January 31, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda