We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tofino in late feb.,early mar.

picton, ontario
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
tofino in late feb.,early mar.

what would the weather be like for driving to tofino from parksville

in late feb. early march? we would stay for a couple of days but

where? either a b&b or hotel or resort?

we are 2 seniors and need 2 beds.

Vancouver Island, BC
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tofino in late feb.,early mar.

Chances are that it will be raining. :)

We do sometimes get snow, but not that often and it generally doesn't stick around very long. However, Sutton's Pass between Port Alberni and Tofino/Ucluelet often gets some snow when we don't because of the higher altitude. Even then, they take pretty good care to plow and sand the road when it does snow. It just might take you longer to get to the west coast than planned. One time when I was coming back from Ukee to Port Alberni after Christmas it had snowed heavily. It took 3 hours to get from the junction to Port Alberni and it normally takes half of that.

Now, seeing that you are from Ontario, you probably wouldn't have a problem at all! :)

picton, ontario
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tofino in late feb.,early mar.

thanks canuk11. we do have lots of snow in ontario, but we do not

travel thro mountains to get somewhere. i guess we will have to wait and see, and hopefully pick some nice weather to go to tofino.

the little town that i live in is on very level ground, and our snowplows are very good. last year we had very little snow, and

we were out in victoria in january, with lovely weather, while people

at home were having the same weather. i think that there is some

global warming around. we didn't have much snow at all.

thanks again.

3. Re: tofino in late feb.,early mar.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Powell River
More Powell River Topics