We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BC Ferry Port Hardy - Bella Coola

Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
BC Ferry Port Hardy - Bella Coola

What do most people do for sleeping on the ferry for the overnight trip from Port Hardy to Bella Coola? Do you take a sleeping bag and wrap yourself with it in a chair for the night crossing?

Williams Lake...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: BC Ferry Port Hardy - Bella Coola

Is it me but isn't paying $770 to travel on a ferry and then being advised that sleeping on the floor is fun (like a sleepover) is a bit much? Could this be why we vacation out of the country.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,834 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: BC Ferry Port Hardy - Bella Coola

Lindsay, my husband and I were going to book the ferry from Port Hardy to Rupert. The price, unbelievable! For the same amount of money, we booked one of us on an Alaskan cruise. We paid double of course, for the two of us, but we got a cruise for a week, all the meals, and a nice room. It was a no brainer.

I would still like to do the trip with B. C. Ferries, even just to Bella Coola, and then visit old friends in Puntzi Mountain and Williams Lake. But the cruise prices are still so cheap!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,995 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: BC Ferry Port Hardy - Bella Coola

Oh, yes a cruise is less expensive and more luxurious, for sure. I guess it just depends what you like. I thought there was something very...authentic... about the ferry trip and I have no regrets (and we were towing a tent trailer which took our costs into the 4 digit range). Too costly to do twice, but totally worth doing once!

14. Re: BC Ferry Port Hardy - Bella Coola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, March 01, 2014