We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pender Island tips

Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Topic
Pender Island tips

I'll be staying on South Pender Island for a week in July. I would love some tips on favourite hikes, beaches, places to eat, shop etc. Thanks in advance!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,318 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pender Island tips

When we were staying at the Otter Bay Marina a couple of years ago, we went to Islanders Restaurant and my husband still raves about it; great food, very intimate space with nice views, and great hospitality.

islandersrestaurant.com/HTML/Restaurant.html

The next night, feeling quite happy but much poorer, we went to the Chippers Restaurant at the Pender Island Golf Club; it was a cut above your typical golf course food, but couldn't hold a candle to Islanders.

http://www.penderislandgolf.com/

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,318 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pender Island tips

And before everyone points out that both those places are on NORTH Pender Island, a bridge connects the two islands; and in fact, the ferry terminal for both islands is on North Pender, near Otter Bay, and also fairly close to Islanders Restaurant.

Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pender Island tips

Thank you! I will have a vehicle and I realize virtually all the amenities are on N. Pender. We will look into your suggestions. Thanks again!

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pender Island tips

Be sure to catch the Farmer's Market-small but well run and some very unique vendors.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,357 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pender Island tips

We had a very nice meal recently at the Hope Bay Cafe.. there is also a small gallery in the same building.

California Desert...
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pender Island tips

The Pender Islands Handbook contains all the information you are looking for and more. You can sample the book by going to www.penderhandbook.com and also link to the penderblog for current Pender happenings.

7. Re: Pender Island tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, September 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Pender Island