We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 2009 vacation

Which Margaree Harbour hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
June 2009 vacation

After a fantastic vacation to vancouver and Vabcouver Island we're thinking about Toronto and Nova Scotia for next June.

Can anyone advise about Sunwing from Toronto to Sydney and the possibility of picking up a rental car from there ?

We plan to spend a week based in Margaree Harbour and were wondering how isolated will it be. We want some peace and quite but also a few restaurants and a supermarket within 20 or so miles drive.

Also recommendations for other locations as obviously there will be quite a lot of driving involved.

Any advise greatly appreciated

Cape Breton Island...
Destination Expert
for Cape Breton Island
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: June 2009 vacation

rescue team- you do make a valid point . Very often on Trip Advisor I see people who are looking for advice to find places to stay but the rules are such that we cannot recommend specific properties and that makes it awkward to really help people some times.

We have a problem in NS with many unlicensed properties being rented out as tourism accommodations. There have been several occasions where the renters ran into problems , so whenever I see some one is planning to rent a house , I try to help them by suggesting a licensed property .

Advisor

So, that was one reason for asking for the email . If you have another suggestion as to how I can deal with this, please let let us know as I sense you know this Advisor forum process quite well.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: June 2009 vacation

i am a regular poster on the barbados forum so i'm happy to help with plans to the south for anyone who's thinking of heading to my other favourite place on the planet :)

the easiest way to connect with email addresses etc. is through sending a private message to the other poster. just click on their name and it gives you the option to send them a tripadvisor email. i have done this with many folks on the barbados forum and have organized get togethers etc. that way.

hope this helps. cheers, rootsie!

13. Re: June 2009 vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Margaree Harbour