We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandbanks - luxury cottages

Which Picton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
570 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
sandbanks - luxury cottages

Hello. We are a family of 4 looking to go to prince edward county/sandbanks this summer. Ideally, we would like to rent a very well appointed cottage, with fireplace, waterfront, gradual entry sandy beach that is within close proximity to Sandbanks. Could anyone provide recommendations on the above. Thanks. You may email me at kgavloski@sympatico.ca

London, Canada
Level Contributor
926 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sandbanks - luxury cottages

There is a large cottage right near the beach at Sandbanks Provincial Park. Check it out at: http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/sand.html . We spent a week at Sandbanks last summer but we were camping. If I recall the cottage is quite large and had some pretty high end amenities.

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
570 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sandbanks - luxury cottages

Thanks heatseeker, I will look into that. From looking at several properties online, it appears that the Sandbanks area lacks wooded areas - most cottages are located on grassy land as opposed to being in a wooded setting, beachfront. Is this the lay of of the land throughout this area???

London, Canada
Level Contributor
926 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sandbanks - luxury cottages

We saw cottages near the Provincial Park that backed onto nicely wooded areas but I really don't know the area that well since we've only done one trip there. Hopefully someone from the area can help you out with that. It is a great place for a summer vacation - lots of places of interest to check out. We just loved the Gananoque boat tour!

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
570 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sandbanks - luxury cottages

Thanks again Heatseeker. I think I will email the chamber and see if they might know which cottages these are. Did you rent bikes etc. How were the trails?

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
570 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sandbanks - luxury cottages

Has anyone been to West Lake Willows cottages? If so, what were they like? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
926 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sandbanks - luxury cottages

No, we didn't rent bikes. We usually bring our own when we're camping. The trails in the park were not bad if memory serves (although in all honesty we camp a lot and I'm having a bit of trouble remembering the trails from this particular trip - I do remember roller blading a lot).

The County
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: sandbanks - luxury cottages

Hi, I live in 'the County' and noticed you were wondering about the 'lay of the land'

Most of the cottages around the Prov. Park are prob. open and sandy-less bugs which is a plus. There are TONS of places all around the County to rent cottages of various degrees, I'd suggest checking out the Prince Edward County website they have cottage listings there. Just remember there much much more to the County than the Sandbanks. If your looking for a tourist area then that's where you want to be, if not I'd look into other areas of the County. Since we're surrounded by water it's not hard to find several beaches the Sandbanks is just the most popular. Hope this helped.

loo
toronto
Level Contributor
28 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sandbanks - luxury cottages

There is a first-rate bike store in "the County", as they call it, where you can rent. I believe it's in Bloomfield and is called Bloomfield Cycle or something like that. Lots of places to cycle, as it's fairly flat. The Cycle shop has a website.

If you want to stay in town instead, I would recommend the Merrill Inn in Picton.

The County
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: sandbanks - luxury cottages

Yes the bicycle shop is in Bloomfield, it's called The Bloomfield Bicycie Company. They are located on Main Street. They have everything from your plain old regular bicycle to bicycles built for two.

The Merril Inn is a lovely B&B/Inn,(downtown Picton) but I don't know if I'd recommend taking young children there for a long stay.

Issiah Tubbs has Rental cottages & condo. units both on the beach and throughout the resort, not sure of the prices but they have all the emenities anyone could require. It is also right near the actual Sandbanks (the more public beach is refered to as the Outlet by locals) wich is easy to get to via car/bike/boat. I'm not trying to push Issiah Tubbs, as there are several other places/rentals in the area.