We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need som information about Sandbanks in Picton...

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Need som information about Sandbanks in Picton...

Hi,

We are planning a vacation and someone told me about sandbanks in picton is a nice place. I would like to know more information if possible... I will be travelling with 3 & 5 yr old. I want to know if it's worth it for kids? Also if anyone has a website that I can do some re-search about hotels nearby place etc...or if someone here has info I would appreciate it.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need som information about Sandbanks in Picton...

Sandbanks is the provincial park in this area. Here's a link. http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/sand.html It's a beautiful place, although the beaches tend to be quite busy on weekends during the summer. If your kids like sand/beaches, then I imagine they'd like it.

As for websites for hotels etc., I'm quite sure if you google 'sandbanks ontario picton hotels attractions' you will get plenty of hits to sort through. There are many small motels/cottage rental places in the vicinity. You could also use the search function here on TA, as there have been other threads about his area of the province.

Picton is the closest town. Bloomfield is another town close by, and Belleville is approximately half an hour away as well.

ktown

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,334 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need som information about Sandbanks in Picton...

Here is the main tourism site for Prince Edward County:

http://prince-edward-county.com/

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need som information about Sandbanks in Picton...

Thanks alot for your reply do you have any other suggestions of places to go for a family vacation in canada?

Thanks

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,035 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need som information about Sandbanks in Picton...

Hi Me131313;

Canada is a huge country. It is;

• approximately 9,984,670 sq. km / 3,855,103 sq mi.

• comprised of six time zones.

• over 8,000 km / 5,500 mi. wide, from Atlantic to Pacific coasts.

• close to 50 degrees latitude from North to South, about 25% of the distance from the North Pole to the South Pole.

• the second largest country in the world after Russia.

• only slightly smaller than all of Europe.

Respectfully, your new question is quite vague. It would be helpful to those who can be of assistance, if you provided some additional information.

How long are you planning for this trip ?

When are you planning this trip for ?

What are your interests ?

What is your budget ?

Somewhere close to home / not too far / anywhere ?

The more information you provide, the more detailed replies you will receive.

Best Regards

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need som information about Sandbanks in Picton...

Hi

Sorry for not being precise my fault.

As I will be travelling with 3 & 6 year old I would like someplace the kids can enjoy themselves. ex amusements park, beaches

How long are you planning for this trip ? well I would say about 3-4 days

When are you planning this trip for ? end July beginning of August

What are your interests ? shopping, beaches, amusments for kids

What is your budget ? well all depending where I stay...

Somewhere close to home / not too far / anywhere ? about 3-4 hour drive.

Hope that helps.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need som information about Sandbanks in Picton...

Then the Picton/Sandbanks area sounds like it might be a good fit for you. There are a couple of roofed accommodations available within Sandbanks park as well, but I have my doubts that they would still be available. You could always call and check though.

You could also check out the Burlington Vermont area if you wanted to venture into the U.S.

ktown

7. Re: Need som information about Sandbanks in Picton...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 11, 2015