We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trading

toronto
2 posts
Save Topic
Trading

Hey, I was hoping to travel up to Iqaluit and maybe go hiking the Asgard mountain range this early summer but of course everything about the North is very expensive. I herd however that most commodities, toasters, microwaves, ovens, i pods etc are hard to come by. I was wondering if I brought i pods, laptops or some other things people are willing to suggest to shops in Iqaluit what kind of prices I may be able to get from the owners and if it would be worth the investment on my part.

2 replies to this topic
Nunavut
Level Contributor
95 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trading

We have plenty of access to such items in Iqaluit. Otherwise you can try Iqaluit Sell/Swap on Facebook to try to sell said items, but we have two direct daily flights from Ottawa, just 3 hours away which gives us reasonable access to commodities. We even have some options for retailers to buy electronics.

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trading

First Iqaluit is not that close to the Asgard Mountains and as Siutipik mentioned, it is the local hub so relatively well supplied. Pangnirtung is the usual starting point for climbers,

http://www.coolplaces.ca/index.pl/Pangnirtung and like other places on Baffin Island it is much smaller and much more isolated. I have found disposable diapers and tobacco to be the best trading goods.

YMMV

Reply to: Trading
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Iqaluit
More Iqaluit Topics